Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Indesign 2021 not working anymore

Explorer ,
Oct 20, 2020 Oct 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

today i updated indesign to the 2021 version and once started, i can't create a document and see the preview. I can't create a document at all. I click create and it simply does nothing.

I uninstalled and installing again to see if changes something.

I'll let you know.

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Oct 20, 2020 Oct 20, 2020

Hi, the version is the 16.0 x64 on Windows 10.

Now seems to work. But i don't know how. I opened a previous project and then i created a new files and after some second i managed to see the preview and the create definitely the new file. Now it works even if i start directly a new file. I don't know how to explain this except with some crazy thoughts about the pc that had an emotional shock in updating. 

I'll test again these days.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

too bad nothing changed. I still can't do anything. I just can open old documents and projects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry to hear this. 

Would you mind confirming the version of InDesign that is causing the trouble along with the OS details that you're on?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, the version is the 16.0 x64 on Windows 10.

Now seems to work. But i don't know how. I opened a previous project and then i created a new files and after some second i managed to see the preview and the create definitely the new file. Now it works even if i start directly a new file. I don't know how to explain this except with some crazy thoughts about the pc that had an emotional shock in updating. 

I'll test again these days.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

Glad to hear you're back on track. Please feel free to reach out if you run into any other questions or issues in the future, we'd be happy to help.

Thanks,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you mean InDesign 2020, October release (v16)?

Which OS do you have?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines