• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign 2024 v19.4

Explorer ,
Apr 27, 2024 Apr 27, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With the newest update the program is really slow. It hangs up and freezes.

Anyone else having this problem?

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you doing only Save or Save As with a new name daily or when you do a lot of changes in your document? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

also, your versions of InDesign and operating system? does the problem go away if you revert to 19.3 (you can do this from Creative Cloud app).

leor_0-1714240991392.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well 19.3 didn't work for me so now I gotta try 19.2, etc..one by one

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There  is no 19.2~ it's 19.0 if 19.3 doesn't work for you. But that's really going back for the time line I have been working on this to not open, ssuddenly. Wish there was a more direct recovery path. It should  be 19.3 version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't write here in vain, the software developers never care or this is a problem caused by the management and they have not been able to solve the problem you will see in this link for years.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign-discussions/high-cpu-usage-while-idle-indesign-2021-2022-202... 

Unfortunately, indesign has been brought to a very bad state with new versions. And although we clearly stated the problems, there was absolutely no update.

The fact that many people write does not change anything.

It's a shame that Adobe has become a very poorly managed company...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 28, 2024 Apr 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Best place for feedback is here

Report bugs or make a feature request

https://www.adobe.com/products/wishform.html

If it was widespread the forums would be flooded with issues and it's not the case so it's more likely a local issue.

I have so many issues with Mac M3 processor and 32gb Ram. And it's not InDesign, it's definitely Apple issues.

InDesign is fine on my nearly 6 year old windows 10 laptop with 8gb ram

InDesign works flawlessly across multiple operating systems, hard drive and ram configurations.

Third party apps like webroot for example on the Mac causes havoc.

In my experience, over 25 years is that system setups, anti virus, configurations, third party apps, operating systems, all contribute to things working badly.

I feel sorry for people that she'll out 5k on an apple Mac computer and it doesn't run InDesign.

But that is not likely adobe cause the issue.

There was a user the other day. couldnt get InDesign to see the expensive Apple Studio M1 graphics card.

Turns out the Monitor was not hi res enough or something along those lines.

So issues and setups outside of Mac or Windows operating systems and configurations can also be problematic.

I remember years ago having to unplug a SCSi scanner from the computer to launch Photoshop. A flaw with the device scanner scuzzi as it was pronounced 

In short InDesign works fine in most scenarios if it's not working its likely something your end.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think speaking without knowing is a good example for you.

First read the comments of the people on this link, then write a correct comment here. The problem you will see in this link is not an Apple or Windows problem. If you read the comments on this link, you would understand this. I have seen many adobe community experts here trying to cover up mistakes. We don't care, many people have terminated their membership because of these problems, you can continue with this mentality, who cares, the facts are always fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many configurations were tried, not our computers to blame. Additionally, this problem only occurs in InDesign versions 2020 and above. How easy it is to write a comment without knowing anything.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign-discussions/high-cpu-usage-while-idle-indesign-2021-2022-202... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am on windows and never have these issues.

A quick search on Google finds many people with similar issues and a lot of the same fixes.

https://windowsreport.com/creative-cloud-high-cpu/

While it is annoying, it can be fixed.

Again, I don't have these issues never have and work on Windows and Mac.

I definitely have a lot more issues on Mac OS 

But that's another story and mainly down to Apple locking everything down.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

quoteOkay, so WHO  does  care. I  am now 3 days late getting this thing out, I see it in my file but I cannnnot convert it nor the upgrades work. Even though I have  deleted  and  reinstalled  everything. Got rid of having  2 versions of iD so that   theere is just one. But none helps me  reecover the file.

This Adobe Customer needs some help retrieving a file made on adobe exists as .indd.

Where  do I get help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If a document is not behaving well then try 

File>Export 

Choose IDML

Open the IDML in InDesign
Save the file as a new InDesign file with a new name
See if the issue persists.

Try resetting your preferences:

Windows: Start InDesign, and then press Shift+Ctrl+Alt. Click Yes when asked if you want to delete preference files.
macOS: While pressing Shift+Option+Command+Control, start InDesign. Click Yes when asked if you want to delete preference files.
A dialog will appear asking to delete the InDesign Preferences, select 'Yes' on this dialog.
Further info and instructions here if needed:
https://helpx.adobe.com/in/indesign/kb/indesign-preferences-support-file-locations.html

Reinstalling rarely fixes everything - you can do a complete reinstall using the
Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 01, 2024 May 01, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes,  I have triied but everything  is GREY = non  openable/non operable/nonaccessable

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes,  I have triied but everything  is GREY = non  openable/non operable/nonaccessable

By @L2821337375il

Can you please clarify - what specifically is gray? A screenshot would help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, deleted but then went to  manage to  get it back to 19.3 as  I think that  is the version I was working form.. Saaw it for a blip! then disappeared with the  same message of  "recovery failed"  recover later etc..  options. maybe I nneed to go  back to 19.0 The other  versionn I have is 2023  which I  believe is  the 18.5.2 version. But my new file was made  on 2024~end of march Early April. was almost done last night!~but somehow the 19.4 happened and then my work crashed. slow save which ended up running all nnight had to hard shut off laptop to get it to stop. Still trying to retrieve it.

Got a  new  mmessaagee of Unable to convert, contact Author (me) who can convert to IDML  for you.   Huh? Such a Hassle! There goes my Saaturday!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My resolve was with an agent on Monday AM, had to let them innto  my computer. Deleted a bunch of stuff  asked where the file was as he needed  to work with other colleagues to see what they can do and said, "We will  revert to you within 24 hours."  It was less than that time that they cann baack withh is  being "Irretrievable."

I feel like this has something to do with the cloud change and why would  I not be  aable to open all my indd files on the newest update? They are  all corrupt now? I have a  monthly subscription.  I should be able  to open all of these within Adobe InDesign.  Anyone eexperience  the  same dilemma? Kind of  perverse situation that I pay for this and no straight forward help of answers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines