• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign and Client Assets?

Engaged ,
Sep 15, 2021 Sep 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Like most of you, I work on multiple ongoing collateral projects for many of my clients. (i.e. letterhead, business cards, brochures, flyers, postcards, etc.) Currently, all of these projects are contained within individual project folders, which usually contain subfolders, such as artwork, links, copy, proofs, sent to printer, etc.

This filing structure is both good and bad. The good is that it's completely portable, meaning I can simply select the entire project and copy or send it anywhere it's needed. The bad news is that client assets, like logos, tend to get duplicated across many individual project folders.

I'm wondering if a better solution is to have all of my client's assets (logos, photos, illustrations, etc.) within client specific folders. Not only would this eliminate redundancy, but should I need to update any assets, like logos, photos, illustrations, etc., I could easily update a single linked file, which would be updated across all active and archived projects. 

Obviously, this is a radical change to my workflow, so I wanted to bounce it off the Adobe community to see what others are doing and what I may be missing. As always, I appreciate any help and/or advice. 

Thanks!

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Typically just have a branding folder where all the assets are.

Say the client is Adobe then folder structure would be:

Adobe

>Brand Assets

>>12345

>>>Origination

>>>Supplied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Collections are a way to group photos in one place for easy viewing, even if they’re located in different folders or on different hard drives. Smart collections are a type of collection generated from a saved search. The Collections panel allows you to create, locate, and open collections, as well as create and edit smart collections.

https://helpx.adobe.com/bridge/using/collections-bridge.html

Mike Witherell

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines