Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign Beta Build Has Expired

New Here ,
May 18, 2021 May 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello.

In the middle of working in the beta version of indesign (I have a Macbook pro 2020 with the M1 chip), I got an error notification saying InDesign Beta Build has expired. I've reached out to support, who recommended I uninstall the program and reinstall. They also recommended I log out of all adobe accounts, restart my laptop and try the reinstallation again. To no avail.

For the technical team, this is what I was doing while it happened: 

1. I was reinstalling my creative cloud (it randomly stopped working and I could not repair it for a week. After countless uninstallations and reinstallations, I tried again and it worked). The error happened in the middle of the reinstallation. 

2. I was activating fonts (I also tried manually dragging installed fonts into adobe/fonts in my library)

This is what the error looked like:

Screen Shot 2021-05-18 at 9.07.39 PM.png

Is there any solution to this? Thank you for responses in advance. 

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 14, 2021 Jul 14, 2021

Hi all,

InDesign for Apple silicon (16.3.2 ) is now available for all. Download the app from the Creative Cloud desktop app and share your experience with us.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Same issue this morning, just starting up the app.

Reinstall did not solve it, same as abovementioned steps.

KR.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 19, 2021 May 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same issue here

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue. Received an alert this morning, checked for updates but none available. I suspect that Adobe had intended to push a fresh beta before the old one expired but haven't managed it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same Issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here, May 18, since early morning...I'm on a MacBook Air M1 and have InDesign Beta 16.3.0.5.

Briefly got excited when I got an update notice for three Adobe Beta apps, but InDesign wasn't one of them...what to do?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't think there is anything we can do until Adobe pushes a new beta or changes the expiry date on the current one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue, sadly. Couldn't get any help from the Adobe service since InDesign Beta didn't show up in my "files". 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here (MacBook Pro 2020 M1).

The Intel version with rosetta 2 is crashing the whole MacBook after a few minutes, so im not able to get into a workflow...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

Apologies for the inconvenience. Beta build for Apple silicon has expired as it has completed its lifecycle.

We do not plan to post another beta build for Apple Silicon. We will be posting corresponding builds on our pre-release portal soon & we request you to join our InDesign Prerelease program to evaluate those. Please find more information on Adobe InDesign UserVoice post to know how you can install the new build once available.

Furthermore, we are in the advanced stage of doing a public release of InDesign and InCopy on Apple Silicon. Your patience is appreciated in the meantime.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, and thank you for your response!

What is an ETA of an Apple Silicon version of inDesign? 

The Intel Version keeps crashing my mac, so its not usable at the moment. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where is the download for the last prerelease version of InDesign ????
Come on Adobe !!

There is not 16.3.0.4 prerelease version anywhere, neither in the "Builds and Plugins" section nor in the Creative Cloud app 🤬

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As mentioned earlier, we will be posting corresponding builds on our pre-release portal soon. Once available, you should be able to download it by following the instructions on this post. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok thank you, but it means we have to wait until it's release despite the fact InDesign Beta was working perfectly for Apple M1 until today… So basically we are in a black hole waiting for this pre-release. So what do you mean by "soon" ? Is it gonna be released today, tomorrow, in a week ?

Thanks for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it seems like it.. 

unfortunatly. I wish Adobe would release the prerelease before taking down the beta. Right now i have to find another intelbased mac to be able to use indesign.. 

Annoying, but hopefully fixed pretty soon!

@Ashutosh_Mishra , do you have any more details than "soon" as to when the prerelease is availible to download?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 21, 2021 May 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why would you take away the only working option of InDesign on M1 before you have the pre-release ready? 

You're leaving a lot of people with no alternative, as the Rosetta 2 InDesign is UNUSABLE.

Adobe clearly does not give a fukk about their users. I will be keeping an eye out for the new industry standard - Adobe is going to fall just like Quark did and they'll have noone to blame but themselves. #BoycottAdobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 21, 2021 May 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can Download Apple Silicon Pre-Release Version via the Creative Cloud App 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have a Macbook Air M1. Because the usual InDesign application does not work properly on my computer I needed to use the Beta of ID. It worked until now. I got the sign "InDesign Beta Build has expired". Anyone has an idea what I can do? 
I have already tried to use the normal ID app, but it crashed after five minutes, as always. 
Thanks for any answer,
GrüßeScreenshot 2021-05-18 at 20.47.22.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've the same problem. ( MacBook Pro M1 - Big Sur 11.3.1 - Adobe Indesign Beta 16.3 )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've posted your issue on the InDesign Prerelease program forum. Hopefully, you'll get a response from the InDesign product managers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here, InDesign Beta Build has expired.

Normal Indesign Version won´t even open.

Mac Mini M1 - Big Sur 11.3.1 - Adobe Indesign Beta, reinstalled today.

Urgently needed..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

Apologies for the inconvenience. Beta build for Apple silicon has expired as it has completed its lifecycle.

We do not plan to post another beta build for Apple Silicon. We will be posting corresponding builds on our pre-release portal soon & we request you to join our InDesign Prerelease program to evaluate those. Please find more information on Adobe InDesign UserVoice post to know how you can install the new build once available.

Furthermore, we are in the advanced stage of doing a public release of InDesign and InCopy on Apple Silicon. Your patience is appreciated in the meantime.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 27, 2021 May 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hallo zusammen,

ich nutze InDesign auf einem Macbook mit M1 Chip. Leider ist die Creative Suite immernoch nicht für die neue Hardware optimiert, weshalb es bei mir regelmäßig zu Systemabstürzen kommt. Besonders bitter – Zoom oder andere Software mit Audio-Output laufen in solchen Situationen weiter, ansonsten geht nichts mehr und es lässt sich nur mit einem harten Reset beheben.

Zwischenzeitlich gab es allerdings eine Beta-Version, die stabil funktioniert hat, allerdings wird mir seit einigen Tagen beim Start folgendes angezeigt:

Ihr InDesign (Beta)-Build ist abgelaufen.

Das kann doch irgendwie nicht sein, oder?

Habt ihr eine Idee, was ich machen kann, um die Beta wieder zu benutzen?

Viele Grüße

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 28, 2021 May 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Apologies for the inconvenience. The fix for this issue is available in the latest InDesign Prerelease build. Please follow the instructions share on this page and let us know how it goes.
         install indesign 16.3.png

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines