• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign CC 2017 Arabic features gone after update (12.1.0)

Community Beginner ,
Apr 07, 2017 Apr 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My InDesign updated yesterday and now all the ME features have disappeared. How can I get them back?

- Yes I have set my CC app preference to English-Arabic.

- Yes I have set the InDesign paragraph preference to World-Ready.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 07, 2017 Apr 07, 2017

I see, now I wouldn't know the reason such features went missing on you, I updated my InDesign without an issue it shows 12.1.0.56 (Macintosh)

My only suggestion for you is to to go to the Creative Cloud menu or from your InDesign application folder, choose to uninstall InDesign, then download a fresh one after making sure you have chosen "English يدعم العربية" from the Creative Cloud menu.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Marhaba Mo. If you're able to see "World-Ready" paragraph settings then you have the ME options. What exactly do you miss in the application?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ahlan Zaid. I am missing all of the menu options for ME formating. No text direction, no kashida options, no style options for Arabic in the character or paragraph tabs, no options for positioning diacritics, etc.

I can still type in Arabic, but that's it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see, now I wouldn't know the reason such features went missing on you, I updated my InDesign without an issue it shows 12.1.0.56 (Macintosh)

My only suggestion for you is to to go to the Creative Cloud menu or from your InDesign application folder, choose to uninstall InDesign, then download a fresh one after making sure you have chosen "English يدعم العربية" from the Creative Cloud menu.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 15, 2017 Jun 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Absolute joke! Businesses pay a lot for working ME software, yet this problem still exists and businesses have to do google searches to find fixes to a stupid issue that shouldn't exist in the first place?! Sort it out Adobe, people will always purchase various different language versions of different software, your update module needs to be able to identify that an update each app appropriately!!! Or ask  the user at very least! Very disappointed. This and the joke that is the new Acrobat! Serif Affinity really is starting to look more and more attractive!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 21, 2017 Jun 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi

i'm with the exact same problem (with hebrew replacing the arabic) on a mac - version 12.1.0.56

i'm 100% sure that the "english - hebrew" is checked in the cc preferences.

still features like character direction and paragraph direction just dont show up!

please can someone help with this???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 06, 2017 Jul 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi dear

you need to go to create cloud app and press

6.JPG

Press the corner at the login icon

333.JPG

after that click choose  preferences

44.png

now Select English يدعم اللغة العربية

55.JPG

and install the Indesign 2017 again (its not take more time because its install the component for  Arabic and RTL language.

66.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 12, 2017 Oct 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for your help! I had the same problem!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines