Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign CS 64 Bit Version?

New Here ,
Jan 25, 2019 Jan 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there,

I got a problem with my InDesign CS6. For round about the last year it is not working properly and I constantly get the information from apple that this 32 Bit version is no longer working with my operating system. Illustrator, Photoshop and Acrobat were already updated to 64 Bit, but for InDesign there was never an update available. Could you help me out here? It is not possible to use InDesign as it always crashes as soon as you start working with a document.

Thank you in advance for your assistance.

Regards, Vanessa

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Mentor , Jan 26, 2019 Jan 26, 2019

InDesign CS6 (version 8) is a 32-bit application, and it will never be 'upgraded' to 64-bit. If your current OS (whatever it is) isn't happy with 32-bit apps, you have two choices: a) upgrade your InDesign from CS to CC, b) downgrade your OS.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jan 25, 2019 Jan 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version is your OS?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Jan 26, 2019 Jan 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

InDesign CS6 (version 8) is a 32-bit application, and it will never be 'upgraded' to 64-bit. If your current OS (whatever it is) isn't happy with 32-bit apps, you have two choices: a) upgrade your InDesign from CS to CC, b) downgrade your OS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Download the trial version of InDesign CC2019 so you can see the difference.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is not possible to use InDesign as it always crashes as soon as you start working with a document.

The Apple warning is letting you know that future versions of OSX will not support 3-bit apps—the current version will still run 32-bit.

Have you tried trashing your CS6 preferences and caches? Remove any third party plugins to see if they are causing the crash.

/Users/username/Library/Caches/Adobe InDesign/Version 8.0

/Users/username/Library/Preferences/Adobe InDesign/Version 8.0

Also, to get CS6 to run on newer versions of OSX, you need to download and install a legacy version of Java. See this page from Apple:

Download Java for OS X 2017-001

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 30, 2019 Jan 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Vanessa,

CS applications have been discontinued and are no longer compatible with today's operating systems(System requirements | Older versions of InDesign ). I am afraid there is very little we could do from our end as attempts to troubleshoot the install could result in it becoming unusable. We strongly recommend upgrading your software to a newer version that is supported or downgrade the operating system to Mac OS X v10.5.7 or v10.6. That way, we can provide you with tech support and access to the latest updates and bug fixes. I apologize for the frustration. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 24, 2021 Jun 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Is there any way to install indesign cs6 into Big Sur. 

Regards

Santhanu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, absolutely no way to install old apps onto Big Sur. When you invest in a new Mac you need to invest in new apps. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
No.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines