• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign CS6 won't work with OS X Yosemite

New Here ,
Oct 17, 2014 Oct 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone else had this issue so far? I am running the late 2012 27" iMac and it will not open InDesign. I've just downloaded Yosemite this morning!

Illustrator, Photoshop and Bridge all open with no problems after installing Yosemite. - is not happy!!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In place upgrades are very convenient but they're a crapshoot in my

experience.

That said, telling us ID doesn't work gives us nothing to go on.

Generic advice: Trash prefs and if that doesn't work, uninstall, run cleaner

tool and then install again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 30, 2014 Oct 30, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bob,

Which prefs should I trash and where are they?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here:

Trash, Replace, Reset, or Restore the application Preferences

In Yosemite, the easiest way to view the hidden Library folder is to hold down the Option key and select Go > Library.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm there. Which file am I looking for? For InDesign, I found InDesign Defaults which is described as an InDesign file. Is that it? Illustrator has Adobe Illustrator Prefs - is that the right one for Illustrator? And Photoshop has "Adobe PHotoshop CS5.1 Prefs.psp - is that right?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Delete or remove this folder and restart ID

~â–¸ Users â–¸ username â–¸ Library â–¸ Preferences â–¸ Adobe InDesign

Also, you might look at something like Cocktail for system maintenance. I use it before and after OS upgrades for clearing caches and repairing permissions etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! It worked and I'm golden! Have a great day!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks!  Worked perfectly.  Great advice for the newb. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 12, 2015 Jan 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rob, worked for me too!!!!  Thank you so very much!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing the results of your test system. I assume you kept a working live system as well as a toy...!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updated to Yosemite on my MacBook Air (11-inch, Mid 2011) w/ 4GB RAM and was able to open CS6 Indesign, create a doc with text, photos and a gradient overlapping photo in multiply mode and export to pdf. I also activated fonts in Font Agent Pro v6.204 after creating Indesign document and was able to select those newly activated fonts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When doing the Yosemite upgrade, you'll be prompted for a Java for OS X update. (If you want to see it again, restart your computer.) Follow the link and do the update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 08, 2014 Nov 08, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issues with InDesign 6 crashing while trying to SAVE/SAVE AS and/or EXPORT TO PDF. I was using version 5.5 and upgraded to 6 as I read there was extensive testing done between Apple & Adobe for Creative Suite 6. After paying the $275 to upgrade, my InDesign 6 is acting exactly the same way as version 5.5. A tech from Adobe as since told me InDesign 6 is NOT compatible with Yosemite. If someone has a way for me to get my InDesign to work, I would be MOST appreciative. My next step is to take my computer to Apple and have Mavericks put back on. I need my program!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In addition to trashing your preferences, have you tried disabling any 3rd party plugins like font management etc.? You could also try disabling any non required fonts. And finally, I've never had problems with in place OS upgrades, but I also always run system maintenance before and after an upgrade to clear out caches and repair permissions. Try Cocktail.

Cocktail - A perfect mixture for Mac OS X

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Was Yosemite an upgrade or a new computer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It was an upgrade from 5.5

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Was the OPERATION SYSTEM an upgrade?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. I upgraded OS X from Mavericks to Yosemite.  ID 5.5 ran fine under Mavericks but crashed every time under Yosemite. I upgraded to CS6 hoping it would work better under Yosemite, but I guess I was wrong!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I upgraded to CS6 hoping it would work better under Yosemite, but I guess I was wrong!

I have a iMac and a laptop running CS6/Yosemite with no problems. In both cases Yosemite was an in place upgrade. Did you try everything in my #15 list?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are no 3rd party font plug-ins...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 11, 2014 Nov 11, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Acrobat Pro is also crashing when trying to combine files. I really need someone to help me PLEASE!! I've tried everything suggested so far, no 3rd party FONT plug-ins... I know I'm not the only one having these problems. Is there a fix coming?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My advice: You need to blow that harddrive out and do a clean install of the operating system followed by proper installations of your software. It sounds like you hosed something pretty bad with that upgrade.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are probably right. Wasted so many hours on this thing. I love my computer! I love my computer! I love my computer. Let you know how it goes. Won't be tonight though... I think I need a cocktail.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried everything suggested so far, no 3rd party FONT plug-ins...

I meant any third party plugins. Did you try Cocktail—repair permissions, clear caches and logs, run daily, weekly, monthly system scripts? Have you removed all but the required system fonts and run some tests? Are you having problems with new files as well as old?

Is there a fix coming?

I wouldn't expect any further upgrades to CS6

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm a bit hesitant on Cocktail... not an Apple program? I don't have any plug-ins on my computer ZERO. We just took out all of the fonts except for the ones we need to run and I couldn't even get FINDER to open. So... I do believe something is up with upgrade so going to scrub and clean, reinstall. Wish me luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines