• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign does not start because additional modules cannot be loaded on Windows 10

Community Beginner ,
Jan 28, 2020 Jan 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I try to work with InDesign on my Windows 10 PC. The Creative Cloud desktop app works well and the Installation of InDesign went through without issues. However, when starting InDesign I get two error messages, saying that additional modules could not be loaded. Like:

"Das Zusatzmodul PATH TYPE.RPLN kann nicht geladen werden. Es ist abhängig vom Zusatzmodul GENERIC PAGE ITEM.RPLN, das nicht geladen wurde. Bitte lesen Sie die Dokumentation zu Zusatzmodul GENERIC PAGE ITEM.RPLN."

After checking OK, InDesign quits.
I'm a new starter/tester with InDesign and have no experience with additional modules or documentations.
How can I become the InDesign running ? For me it looks simply buggy.
Thanks for you support !  Svenja from Germany

{Renamed By MOD}

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 20, 2020 May 20, 2020

Hi all,

Please try the steps below:

• Close all the Applications.
  • Go to Control Panel\Programs\Programs and Features.
  • Right click Microsoft Visual C++ 2015-2019 (x64)/ 2017-2019 (x64).
  • Click Change > Repair.
    Repair Microsoft Visual C++.png Repair Microsoft Visual C++ 1.png
  • Restart the system.
  • Relaunch InDesign and check how it works.

Let us know if that helps!

Regards,

Sheena

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Svenja,

Sorry to hear about the trouble. I would request if you can try the steps below and share your observation:

Let us know if this helps or if you need any further assistance.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rishabh
Thanks for your prompt answer. Unfortunately trying the safe mode also ended up in the same error messages. This time I snapped the second one to attach it here.Missing module at startupMissing module at startup

I uninstalled InDesign meanwhile three or four times to then re-install it. Everytime I got the same result/issue.

So sorry, no progress. Maybe I can try anything else ?

Regards,  Svenja

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Darf ich fragen, mit welcher InDesign-Version Du arbeitest?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ich habe gestern ein Test-Abo für InDesign gestartet und dabei InDesign mit dem Installer heruntergeladen. Daher denke ich, dass es die neueste Version "2020" sein muss.
Mein Rechner hat einen AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core Prozessor der neuesten Generation und 16 GB Hauptspeicher. Da sollte eigentlich nichts anbrennen. Das Windows 10 Home 64bit ist auch originär installiert; also kein Upgrade einer Version 7.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dann würde ich es nochmals installieren. Stelle in den Voreinstellungen der CC auf eine andere Sprache außer Englisch und Deutsch um und installiere die. Nachher stelle wieder auf Deutsch um. Das sollte fehlende oder beschädigte Komponenten nachinstallieren.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Schade, das hat leider nicht funktioniert. Ich habe Indesign erst deinstalliert, dan ndie Sprach zu Nederlansk gewechselt und neu installiert. Dann zu Deutsch gewechselt und sozusagen "drüber-installiert". Die beiden Fehler-Meldungen blieben dieselben wie gehabt.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 16, 2020 May 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems like there is no fix for this issue as I'm also experiencing the same problems and have spent hours trying to get my way out of this. Help us out here Adobe! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 18, 2020 May 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too am now having this problem. I've used inDesign for the greater part of a year - no problem. A couple days ago this issue arrived and I can no longer use it. I really need access to this for a project I'm working on. I've reset my PC, done the safe mode. I've uninstalled creative cloud, uninstalled indesign (deleting preferences as well). Reinstalled to a brand new location. For whatever reason it is not installing Generic Page Item.rpln as part of the package and inDesign will crash when it tries to launch without it. 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 19, 2020 May 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem here too.

I have tried to install the latest german version of Adobe Creative Cloud and InDesign on my

- Mac Pro (1.1, RAM 20 GB, Intel Xeon CPU 3.00 GHz 2.99 GHz (2 Prozessoren)
- under Bootcamp (Windows 10 Pro, Version 1903, Systembuild 18362.836).

After installing and opening InDesign the program crashed after I have received two error messages

"Das Zusatzmodul PATH TYPE.RPLN (second: PATH TYPE UI.APLN) kann nicht geladen werden. Es ist abhängig von Zusatzmodul GENERIC PAGE ITEM.RPLN, das nicht geladen wurde. Bitte lesen Sie die Dokumentation zu Zusatzmodul GENERIC PAGE ITEM.RPLN."

On 2020-05-19 I have installed Windows-updates before I have tried to install Adobe Indesign.

Today I have tried to deinstall and reinstall the programs after using the AdobeCreativeCloudCleanerTool.exe . The same problem. 

Adobe please find a solution for this problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 20, 2020 May 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. Worked fine yesterday, all of the sudden I can't continue working today because of this same error. Strange thing is, Photoshop won't start either and some functions for Illustrator won't load because of missing plugins. That can't be a coincidence. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

Please try the steps below:

• Close all the Applications.
  • Go to Control Panel\Programs\Programs and Features.
  • Right click Microsoft Visual C++ 2015-2019 (x64)/ 2017-2019 (x64).
  • Click Change > Repair.
    Repair Microsoft Visual C++.png Repair Microsoft Visual C++ 1.png
  • Restart the system.
  • Relaunch InDesign and check how it works.

Let us know if that helps!

Regards,

Sheena

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sheena,

This worked for me. InDesign and the other applications launch without a problem now.

Thank you so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perfect!

Thanks for confirming. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Awesome! Thank you for the solution. It had been driving me insane 😛

Confirmed, working on my end now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 21, 2020 May 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad to hear this. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 23, 2020 Jun 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sheena! You are the absolute best. Thank you so much for posting this solution. After many crashes, uninstalls, reinstalls, searching other help articles, and trying what seems like a million other suggestions, your solution was the one that fixed the crash-upon-launch issue I've had for two straight days with Illustrator, Photoshop, and InDesign. Someone ought to promote you. Thanks as well to @svenni for the original post. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 23, 2020 Jun 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're most welcome!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 01, 2020 Jun 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

!solutionverified

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 20, 2020 Sep 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This helped so much! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 02, 2021 Feb 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks! Worked a treat (once I actually did it to the correct C++ feature/app). My first attempt didn't work and then I realised I have two features/apps titled 'Microsoft Visual C++ 2015-2019 Redistributable...' but one ends with "(x86)..." and one edns with "(x64)..." - I must have first run those steps on the "(x86) feature/app.

All fixed. Cheers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines