Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign hangs on startup

New Here ,
Feb 15, 2021 Feb 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We have few Adobe products (CS6 and CC) in our Organization and we have some problems with this Apps. In last month on three machines we have major problem with InDesign. After startup ID hang up and not respone to any command. Windows is full functional, but with ID I can only execute Task Manager and kill ID.

Sometimes I can click once on some of control (in example: on open file, expand a menu)

If I mnust to descript it - it look like additional layer, not active for mouse poniter.

Problem is only with ID (Ilustrator, Photoshop, Acrobat or Lightroom work perfectly). I tried many things:
Uninstall/reinstall CC, specific application or purge it by many tools (in example Adobe Clean Tool), change permission for instalation folder, run as administrator (it works sometimes for CS6), but it isn't an option (users of ID aren't administrators or even power users).

I tried to reset preferences, tried to reinstall OS, or update CC. It is independent of Windows Version (it is tested on Windows 10 20H2, 20H1, 1909) and Hardware, (Intel i5-8400 NVIDIA GeForce GT 1030; i5-10500 Intel(R) UHD Graphics 630; i7-6700 Intel HD). I think it could be conected, that home folder for users is D:\Users.

Thanks

Krzysztof Szawara

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Mar 13, 2021 Mar 13, 2021

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about your experience. I see you've tried troubleshooting which didn't help. I'd recommend connecting with Adobe technical support(https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html). Please click on the chat icon at the bottom of this page to begin the conversation. Team here will be able to assist you on a live remote session.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Mar 13, 2021 Mar 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about your experience. I see you've tried troubleshooting which didn't help. I'd recommend connecting with Adobe technical support(https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html). Please click on the chat icon at the bottom of this page to begin the conversation. Team here will be able to assist you on a live remote session.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines