• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign icons gone AGAIN after updating

Explorer ,
Apr 25, 2024 Apr 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I previously posted about losing my InDesign file icons when updating from InDesign 2023 to 2024. I was able to fix it, but it has happened again, this time after installing the new 2024 update this morning, and this time, I can't seem to fix it.

I am running Windows 10.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled InDesign, but that didn't fix it. I did however, elect to keep my preferences when uninstalling - don't know if that could affect things.

A couple of differences - this time, when I add the shortcut to the bottom bar, the icon is also gone - it just shows up as the blank white icon. But if I create a shortcut on the desktop it shows up. 

Also, regarding the initial installation of the update - it froze at about 82% complete and was stuck there. Eventually I tried to cancel, but it got stuck on cancelling. So I restarted the computer. At that point the icon was blank on the bottom bar. I figured it would return after I completed the update installation. So I went back and ran the update, but the icon did not come back. It was at that point that I uninstalled and reinstalled, but still no icon.

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 25, 2024 Apr 25, 2024

Reinstalling rarely fixes everything - you can do a complete reinstall using the
Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reinstalling rarely fixes everything - you can do a complete reinstall using the
Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That process fixed it. Thanks.

But I have to say - what a pain...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeh, computers are not simple. 

The Cleaner tool completely removes all folders/files including caches and reinstalls as fresh as possible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 20, 2024 May 20, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Similar problem. I had to manually assign the program relationship on my Windows 10 PC:

1. Right-click on any InDesign file and open Properties.

2. At the top where it says "Opens with: " - click the Change button.

3. A window will open to choose an app - click "More Apps"

4. Scroll to the bottom to "Look for another app on this PC".

5. Search in Programs for the Adobe InDesign application file and select it. Mine was located in 

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe InDesign 2024

My icons changed immediately. Hope this helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines