• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign Imported Images with activated paths

New Here ,
Sep 19, 2019 Sep 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone know if, when you import an image via a data merge if you can have the photoshop path automatically activated? I have loads of images to work and I am having to manually active the each via the clipping path window in InDesign and it’s taking ages…

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know of a way to automate this within InDesign, because a given image may contain multiple paths, so InDesign would not know which one to use. You could go back into Photoshop with all of the images, and specify the path as a Clipping Path in Photoshop. It would take a while the first time, but then the path would be applied automatically every time the file was placed in the futere. Then you could make this standard practice when saving files going forwared.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

IF the path you want is the only one in an image, or at least the first in the list, try this javascript. It will check all imported images in an active document, and will enable the first photoshop path, if available:

myDoc = app.activeDocument
length = myDoc.allGraphics.length
for (i=0;i<length;i++)
{
try
{
myDoc.allGraphics[i].clippingPath.clippingType = ClippingPathType.PHOTOSHOP_PATH
}
catch(err)
}

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines