• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign keeps quitting on me.

Enthusiast ,
Nov 14, 2023 Nov 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm running InDesign 19.0.1 on my iMac... OS 13.6.1. As of today, it lets me open my file, but then when I try to do anything... it just quits. I've deleted the preferences. I uninstalled the program and re-installed it using Adobe Cloud. I restarted my computer. I've run out of ideas. What else can I do? Thanks! 

Update: I am now pretty sure this in only happening with one specific file. Other files I've tested aren't crashing. So... is there a way to save this one file? I did try saving it under a different name, but the issue keeps happening. 

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 14, 2023 Nov 14, 2023

>Update: I am now pretty sure this in only happening with one specific file. Other files I've tested aren't crashing. So... is there a way to save this one file? I did try saving it under a different name, but the issue keeps happening. 

This suggests that there may be corruption in the file. You may be able to recover it if you try saving it as an IDML file. Choose File > Save > InDesign CS4 or Later [IDML]. Then open the IDML file in InDesign. This can recover some kinds of file corruption.

Votes

Translate

Translate
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

InDesign 19 is a very poor update. I would stick to 18.5 until several cycles of bug fixes are behind us...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>Update: I am now pretty sure this in only happening with one specific file. Other files I've tested aren't crashing. So... is there a way to save this one file? I did try saving it under a different name, but the issue keeps happening. 

This suggests that there may be corruption in the file. You may be able to recover it if you try saving it as an IDML file. Choose File > Save > InDesign CS4 or Later [IDML]. Then open the IDML file in InDesign. This can recover some kinds of file corruption.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ha! I literally just did that. I'm so excited I thought of it, too! LOL Anyway, so far so good. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines