Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Indesign move to other folder

New Here ,
Feb 06, 2021 Feb 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I have a question please .

I have to files open in my InDesign c5 .

When I move a page into my other document the text fonts change and some are hidden in the document. 

Thanks 

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 07, 2021 Feb 07, 2021

Open your 2 files, put your text cursor in one paragraph, then display the paragraph styles panel (menu Window > Styles > Paragraph styles). Select the highlighted paragraph style and use the dropdown menu at the right top of the panel to see the paragraph options. Compare the 2 documents.

About the hidden text, it could also be if the text is aligned to baseline grid and if the grid increment is diferent between the 2 documents.

https://helpx.adobe.com/indesign/user-guide.html/indesign/using/paragraph-character-styles.ug.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which OS version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have windows 7 home premium .

Thanks 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I move a page into my other document the text fonts change 

May be you are using a paragraph style that exists with the same name in the 2 documents but setup differently

some are hidden in the document. 

Texts are hidden? Maybe they are overset, because of the paragraph styles difference

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi thank you for the reply.

How can I check to see the paragraph styles thanks 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 07, 2021 Feb 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Open your 2 files, put your text cursor in one paragraph, then display the paragraph styles panel (menu Window > Styles > Paragraph styles). Select the highlighted paragraph style and use the dropdown menu at the right top of the panel to see the paragraph options. Compare the 2 documents.

About the hidden text, it could also be if the text is aligned to baseline grid and if the grid increment is diferent between the 2 documents.

https://helpx.adobe.com/indesign/user-guide.html/indesign/using/paragraph-character-styles.ug.html

https://helpx.adobe.com/indesign/user-guide.html/indesign/using/grids.ug.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines