• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign n'arrête pas de quitter inopinément sans raison/ closes again and again without reasons

New Here ,
Mar 05, 2021 Mar 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bonjour tous

Je suis en plein catalogue et InDesign quitte non stop sans raison créant des fichiers endommagés qui du coup se referment aussitot ouverts. Je deviens dingue. je sauve quand j'y arrive sous d'autres noms mais rien n'y fait et impossible de savoir ce qui cause cette fermeture (une image intégrée ou autre souci), zéro infos de la par d'InDesign. Cela a commencé quand j'ai voulu aller au bout de mon document de 300 pages (ce qui n'est pas énorme pour un catalogue je pense).

Hello all

I'm in the middle of the creation of a catalog and InDesign quits non stop without real reason (it doesn't give me informations) creating damaged files impossible to open without closing right after. I am quite desperate I confess. First time it happened it was when I tried to reach the last pages of the document by scrolling donw.

Merci pour votre aide. Thank you for your help.

TOPICS
Bug , Performance , Print , Sync and storage

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Info supplémentaire: j'ai un MacBook Pro 16 pouces 2019, je travaille avec la toute derniere version d'InDesign puisqu'elle se met à jour automatiquement. Version 16+

Je crois que le probleme du document se trouve dans les dernieres pages car ca quitte à chaque fois que je veux les atteindre.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may possibly have a corrupt font in the document.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

Yes i think about a corrupt file instead of a corrupt font.

I got A LOT of issues with a previous external DD, got to redo the whole thing but I think the issue comes from the fact that I work on "repared file".

Will try to copy all the pages i ca in a brand new doc as the corrupted "thing" seems to be at the end of the doc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Open your file and save it as idml.

Than open idml file in indesign and let us know if InDesign quits when scroll down your file

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Vladan
I've just tried to save it as .idml (already tried but why not again) and it quit at 9% like previous time.

DOn't know if it helps but here copy of part of the report.

Process: Adobe InDesign 2021 [1971]
Path: /Applications/Adobe InDesign 2021/Adobe InDesign 2021.app/Contents/MacOS/Adobe InDesign 2021
Identifier: com.adobe.InDesign
Version: 16.1.0.20 (16100)
Code Type: X86-64 (Native)
Parent Process: ??? [1]
Responsible: Adobe InDesign 2021 [1971]
User ID: 501

Date/Time: 2021-03-05 15:09:36.612 +0100
OS Version: macOS 11.2.1 (20D74)
Report Version: 12
Bridge OS Version: 5.2 (18P4346)
Anonymous UUID: DFA9EF12-6A45-DDA5-F5D6-E7F580AD8086

Sleep/Wake UUID: 30CA455D-F95C-4B69-93E6-0D68FF8AAACD

Time Awake Since Boot: 5800 seconds
Time Since Wake: 320 seconds

System Integrity Protection: enabled

Crashed Thread: 44

Exception Type: EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGSEGV)
Exception Codes: KERN_INVALID_ADDRESS at 0x0000000000000084
Exception Note: EXC_CORPSE_NOTIFY

Termination Signal: Segmentation fault: 11
Termination Reason: Namespace SIGNAL, Code 0xb
Terminating Process: exc handler [1971]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try this to see if it is a corrupt font, and if so, to isolate it. Divide the document in half and see if one half opens and the other half doesn't. If that happens divide the half that doesn't open in half again and repeat the exercise until (hopefully) you track down the corrupt font.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello and thank you for suggestion.

It was not a corrupt font issue but I think a corrupt picture issue.

The problematic pictures were at the very end of the document. I tranfered the good pages to another doc avoiding the end of the doc and now it's ok. (fingers still crossed just in case).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you all for your support.

What i did is to copy pages in new doc until I reached the supposed problematic ones.

Hope it will resist until printing and i'll be save for the next 2 years 😉 

I sent the report to Adobe when InDesign asked it. Hope it will also help for future versions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ce sera plus rapide si tu suis les conseils de Derek : exporte la première motié du fichier en PDF. Si ça passe, le problème est dans la deuxième moitié, et ainsi de suite…

Je crois que le probleme du document se trouve dans les dernieres pages car ca quitte à chaque fois que je veux les atteindre.

Il y a quoi de particulier dans ces pages ? Des polices différentes, des images de grande taille ? Dans quel format sont enregistrés les imports ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Comme dit plus haut, j'arrivais à une série d'images pas spécialement de grandes tailles mais de sources multiples.

J'ai pu solutionner le probleme en copiant les pages ne présentant pas de problemes dans un document tout propre et depuis ca roule (je garde les doigts croisés jusqu'à l'envoi chez l'imprimeur on ne sait jamais).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines