Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign's Redraw Problems with EPS images

New Here ,
Dec 14, 2006 Dec 14, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I have a document that has EPSs whose sizes range from 1 to 20 MBs. If I set the display performances to "High Quality Display", once in a while (e.g. right after opening it), InDesign seems to be having a hard time redrawing: The images' frame boxes seem to be shifted to the right-bottom, and if I scroll to the right or left, I'm seeing trailing vertical stripes that contain the content of the images.

What's funny is that forcing ID to redraw by resizing the window doesn't seem to fix this, so I have to close and re-open the document. I'm using ID 3.0.1.

Many thanks in advance!
TOPICS
SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 21, 2021 Feb 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can i just check - ID 301 ? InDesign CS3 ?

What spec is your computer? RAM / Processor etc.

Also ... Why EPS files ? InDesign prefers native files such as Adobe illustrator AI and Photoshop PSD files more than EPS files.

You can turn on High Quality Display to each page or image on a page rather than all images.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is an ancient version of InDesign but even when it was released almost 20 years ago, EPS was pretty much dead. It's really time to move on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just noticed the original post is from 2006....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, yeah. Why was a 14 year old discussion even available to answer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well spotted - not sure why it came up on my screen. Also ...why did no one reply back in the day...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

EPS strores a preview image with the file, so the problem is likely limited to the preview proxy, and not the file itself. Try exporting a PDF and check the file in Acrobat. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines