Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign shows error while starting - ObjectModelLib.rsrc conflict

New Here ,
Jan 12, 2020 Jan 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

I'm having issues opening the InDesign app. When opening it the following error message appears: "The ObjectModelLib.rsrc plug-in is in conflict with ObjectModelLib.rsrc. Try deleting one of two plug-ins, then start InDesign again." However, I've already tried:

- deleting two extra 'ObjectModelLib.rsrc' that was in the Resources file of Adobe Indesign 2020;

- signing out and in of CC

- restarting my laptop;

- checking for troubleshoot fonts

- run ID in safeboot

- (the app is up to date)

Nothing works...

Would be very grateful if someone could help, it's been days since I couldn't use InDesign 😞

Many thanks!!

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , May 18, 2021 May 18, 2021

I've spent all day trying to solve this issue. This may not be the Adobe-approved solution but it worked for me...

Creative Cloud has been saving all Adobe software into my DOCUMENTS folder rather than APPLICATIONS.

- I started by Uninstalling InDesign via Creative Cloud. I then quit Creative Cloud.

- I deleted the enitre InDesign folder which was sitting in my Documents folder. I also trashed any old versions of Indesign.

- I re-opened Creative Cloud and did a clean install of Indesign.

- Creative C

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried uninstalling / reinstalling ID?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, forgot to mention it but I deinstall and reinstall twice already! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try removing every plug-in and start by adding one after the another to see which one is creating the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 19, 2020 May 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue! Has anyone found a solution yet? Pleeeeease

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 13, 2021 Jan 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. is there a solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 17, 2021 Jan 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having the same issue. Ugh.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 28, 2021 Jan 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue as well.

Anyone able to get hold of ADOBE? Seems pretty bad that so many are having this issue and no company support response.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 18, 2021 May 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've spent all day trying to solve this issue. This may not be the Adobe-approved solution but it worked for me...

Creative Cloud has been saving all Adobe software into my DOCUMENTS folder rather than APPLICATIONS.

- I started by Uninstalling InDesign via Creative Cloud. I then quit Creative Cloud.

- I deleted the enitre InDesign folder which was sitting in my Documents folder. I also trashed any old versions of Indesign.

- I re-opened Creative Cloud and did a clean install of Indesign.

- Creative Cloud downloaded the software into my Documents folder again so I dragged it into my Applications folder, which is generally where I keep my applications (!?!) 

There was a prompt to notify that I'd be moving the application from iCloud to my computer, but seeing as though that's what I wanted in the first fricking place, it was AOK with me.

Now I'm off to do the same with all my other Adobe software...

Hope this helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 06, 2021 Jun 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for the solution! It totally worked for me, too!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 06, 2021 Aug 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Worked for me too.  Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 17, 2022 Feb 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very for the help! I tried several different things but my Indesign only worked when I uninstalled the app and then changed the installation location. Only your comment made it work!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 17, 2023 Sep 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This helped me as well! Thank you so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 29, 2023 Nov 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me! Why my applications were downloading to my iCloud drive, I have no idea.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 19, 2023 Dec 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi ,

Glad to hear that the issue is resolved. For future reference, you can try the steps shared in this article. Feel free to reach out if you need further assistance.

Thanks

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 21, 2023 Apr 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same issue, it worked when I uninstalled Indesign and downloaded an older version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines