We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.
I'm having issues opening the InDesign app. When opening it the following error message appears: "The ObjectModelLib.rsrc plug-in is in conflict with ObjectModelLib.rsrc. Try deleting one of two plug-ins, then start InDesign again." However, I've already tried:
- deleting two extra 'ObjectModelLib.rsrc' that was in the Resources file of Adobe Indesign 2020;
- signing out and in of CC
- restarting my laptop;
- checking for troubleshoot fonts
- run ID in safeboot
- (the app is up to date)
Would be very grateful if someone could help, it's been days since I couldn't use InDesign 😞
Copy link to clipboard
Have you tried uninstalling / reinstalling ID?
Yes, forgot to mention it but I deinstall and reinstall twice already!
Try removing every plug-in and start by adding one after the another to see which one is creating the issue.
I am having the same issue! Has anyone found a solution yet? Pleeeeease
I have the same problem. is there a solution?
I am also having the same issue. Ugh.
Same issue as well.
Anyone able to get hold of ADOBE? Seems pretty bad that so many are having this issue and no company support response.
Copy link to clipboard
I've spent all day trying to solve this issue. This may not be the Adobe-approved solution but it worked for me...
Creative Cloud has been saving all Adobe software into my DOCUMENTS folder rather than APPLICATIONS.
- I started by Uninstalling InDesign via Creative Cloud. I then quit Creative Cloud.
- I deleted the enitre InDesign folder which was sitting in my Documents folder. I also trashed any old versions of Indesign.
- I re-opened Creative Cloud and did a clean install of Indesign.
- Creative Cloud downloaded the software into my Documents folder again so I dragged it into my Applications folder, which is generally where I keep my applications (!?!)
There was a prompt to notify that I'd be moving the application from iCloud to my computer, but seeing as though that's what I wanted in the first fricking place, it was AOK with me.
Now I'm off to do the same with all my other Adobe software...
Hope this helps!
Thank you so much for the solution! It totally worked for me, too!
Worked for me too. Thanks!