• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign Shrinking Document Upon Print

New Here ,
Feb 04, 2021 Feb 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been battling this issue for two days now...

I have a label template that I have been using for over a year now with no issue...until yesterday.

I recently got a new PC and reinstalled InDesign CS6 onto it and it seemed to be working just fine, but when I tried to print some of those labels yesterday the entire template is shrunk down by 1/8th of an inch all the way around causing the labels to be offset from the edges with only the centermost labels being perfectly aligned. This particular template does not go all the way to the edges of the page to begin with (see template example) so it doesn't have anything to do with my inkjet printer not printing to the edges.

Margins are set to zero, printer settings haven't been touched (I even printed to a different printer with the same results), and I've tried printing a copy of the document from another PC (running an even older version of ID) and it printed perfectly. Both my old and new PC run Windows 10.

TOPICS
Print

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 10, 2021 Feb 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CS6 ?

I tried your file here with Indesign CC (latest version) and it works perfectly - no shrinking at all. Something must have updated in Windows or a driver update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 21, 2024 Feb 21, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know this post is a bit old, but what is the resolve for this issue?

I tried installing new printer drivers but that didn't help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 21, 2024 Feb 21, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

These issues are almost always with the printer driver or setup. InDesign is largely passive with respect to printing, simply doing what each driver allows. If you have no scaling set in InDesign's print menu —

JamesGiffordNitroPress_0-1708546127855.png

— then it's all but certain to be something in the printer setup itself. Updating drivers often preserves settings as well, so while new drivers are good, just updating won't necessarily reset things to 'full scale' printing.

Check all the printer driver settings, under the Setup button in the ID print menu. Every setting should be some equivalent of "100%" or "full page" and not "Fit" or "Print entire page" or such.

â•Ÿ Word & InDesign to Kindle & EPUB: a Guide to Pro Results (Amazon) â•¢

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines