• ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

indesign to word conversion

Community Beginner ,
Nov 06, 2017 Nov 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We were trying to avoid having to convert  our indesign doc's to word - in the spirit of 'the customer is always right' now we need to convert indesign files into word files, those word files should be followed as it is layout but in editable format.

The indesign file contains equations, text and images. Few of the equations were linked in eps format ( used mathtype) and most of the equations were paginated in text format.

Please let us know whether any tools / plugins available for converting  these indesign files to word.doc files as required.

We ready to buy the third party plugin also.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advocate , Nov 06, 2017 Nov 06, 2017

Recosoft makes a product called ID2Office. But before you run off and buy it, I suggest reading this excellent article on using InDesign exported PDFs to create Word docs:

http://bit.ly/2AeObwh

Regardless of which method you use, I would suggest that your Word doc be carefully proofread to make sure everything is in its proper place.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Recosoft makes a product called ID2Office. But before you run off and buy it, I suggest reading this excellent article on using InDesign exported PDFs to create Word docs:

http://bit.ly/2AeObwh

Regardless of which method you use, I would suggest that your Word doc be carefully proofread to make sure everything is in its proper place.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Or you could export frame wise to .rtf and combine all the rtf's then.

You should be careful when doing this since features present in InDesign file will map to nothing. Similarly, some features/colors may map incorrectly.

-Aman

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 07, 2017 Nov 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Export a PDF and as save as Word from Acrobat.

Won't be perfect but what you're trying to do is put an egg back in the shell after you've made an omelet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 02, 2018 Nov 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

The only professional way to give to your client a Word document that he can easily edit, without "destroying" your graphic design project, is to re-build it from zero in Word. This is what I do, and it works very well!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines