• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

inside crops

Community Beginner ,
Aug 03, 2022 Aug 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

is it possible to automate the insertion of interior crops? By that I mean I want small keylines in the corners of some documents - see attached for an example. This helps us use less material sometimes when for example, we want to print two24" wide signs next to each other on 48" wide material, but need guides for cutting.

Maybe there's a way to add a box around the art, and only have a keyline around the corners? I couldn't find an easy way to do this.

I'd also need to be able to keep the regular crops as we use them too.

thanks.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 03, 2022 Aug 03, 2022

>>but they're not always the same size

If the 48 in width is constant, you can create your guides/crop marks on different layers. Lock the layers after you create them and just turn on the required layer.

If the width varies, you can create parent pages at different sizes (and still use layers for crops).

Save the file as a template.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried creating an InDesign template file? Just put everything on a Primary page and apply where needed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

good idea, but they're not always the same size. I guess I could create several. thanks for that idea - i think it may be the only way to go.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

>>but they're not always the same size

If the 48 in width is constant, you can create your guides/crop marks on different layers. Lock the layers after you create them and just turn on the required layer.

If the width varies, you can create parent pages at different sizes (and still use layers for crops).

Save the file as a template.

David Creamer: Community Expert (ACI and ACE 1995-2023)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines