• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Installed font not loading in InDesign

Community Beginner ,
Jan 29, 2021 Jan 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm running the latest InDesign on Catalina 10.15.6. I purchased a typeface and installed the family using FontBook. The font loads and is perfectly usable in Illustrator, but in InDesign multiple issues occur. First, the font family name displays twice in the menu. And beneath both, no variants are available to select. I applied a version to text, but it displays highlighted pink and says it's missing. 

Any suggestions? 

I've uninstalled, re-installed, restarted…

I'm in contact with the foundry support team to see if anyone else is having a similar issue. 

TOPICS
Bug , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Jan 29, 2021 Jan 29, 2021

If the name of the font displays twice, it could be because you have 2 different versions of this font installed. Maybe one with fontbook and another one in the system fonts folder or in the InDesign fonts folder.

I have checked again your screen shot: when the name of a font is followed by its format (in your case OTF), it means that a font with the same name but in a different format is also installed.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Jan 29, 2021 Jan 29, 2021

You might want to try installing the font in your user font folder found within the User library. The Mac's hierarchy for fonts is that this is the folder that is the first place that apps look to for fonts. That is where I always put "problem" fonts. The User library is hidden by default on a Mac, however,  but it can be accessed in the following manner:

Cick on the desktop to launch a Finder Window (Command-N). With this window in column view follow the path User>Home folder (it’s the folder w

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the name of the font displays twice, it could be because you have 2 different versions of this font installed. Maybe one with fontbook and another one in the system fonts folder or in the InDesign fonts folder.

I have checked again your screen shot: when the name of a font is followed by its format (in your case OTF), it means that a font with the same name but in a different format is also installed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You might want to try installing the font in your user font folder found within the User library. The Mac's hierarchy for fonts is that this is the folder that is the first place that apps look to for fonts. That is where I always put "problem" fonts. The User library is hidden by default on a Mac, however,  but it can be accessed in the following manner:

Cick on the desktop to launch a Finder Window (Command-N). With this window in column view follow the path User>Home folder (it’s the folder with an icon that looks like a house—it may have the user’s name rather than “Home”) and click on the Home folder. With the Option Key pressed choose Library from the Finder Go Menu. “Library” will now appear within the Home folder. Within the Library folder find the folder called "Fonts".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines