• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Interactive checklist which automatically pre-selects next option

Contributor ,
Jun 09, 2023 Jun 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a checklist with some 40 items. Each line has a box in front and when I create a pdf I can click on a box to 'tick' it. Nice. But not what I want.

I'd like to create a checklist which starts with the first line selected. I want to be able to tick the item with the spacebar after which the next item should automatically be selected in order to tick it and so on down the list.

So:

1. first item is selected

2. I press the spacebar which ticks the first item

3. after which the next item is automatically selected 

4. I then can tick that selected item with the spacebar

5. after which the next item is selected

6. and so on

Is this possible with InDesign...?

It would also be great already if after ticking an item I could select the next item using the arrow keys. As it is now I can ONLY tick an item with the mouse or spacebar and then I have to use the mouse to select (and immediately tick) the next one (or any one). I'd like to be able to finish the entire checklist without using the mouse.

In addition to this: the tickbox shows a tick (like a V) when it is ticked (in Acrobat). Is it possible to change this and for instance make the box completely green when it is ticked?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You might want to pop over to the Acrobat forum because it sounds like this is going to need some javascript. I'm not even sure it's possible that way and even if it is, unless you can force users to open the file in Acrobat, this project is likely to fail.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat forum, will do, thanks for the tip! (Forcing to use Acrobat is not a problem btw.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If your main objective is to finish checklist without using mouse, you can already do this with 2 keys. Tab will move to the next check box form, just make sure the tab order is set correctly. Once on a checkbox, Space bar will toggle "on" or "off" the selection of the checkbox.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines