• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Interactive PDF: Action "Go To Destination" not working

Community Beginner ,
Feb 10, 2021 Feb 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello I'm using the newest InDesign CC and i want to create an Interactive PDF.

In the PDF I used the actions "Go To Next/Previous Page" and "Go To Destination". For the "Go To Destinations" I previously set bookmarks.

At first it worked with the "Go To Destination"-buttons but after i put a lot of effort and time in my work the buttons dont work when i export it. Only the "Go to Next/Previous Page"-buttons work.

The document has round about 40 pages and ~110 buttons. Im using Adobe Acrobat Pro DC to open the PDF.

Maybe someone else had the issue and can help me?

TOPICS
Bug , How to , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Quick addition: If I open it up in Opera or PDF24 all buttons work. But not with other programs

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

it should also work if you open the PDF in Adobe Reader for Windows 10 or Mac OS.

All other devices or PDF reader software, especially reader software in browsers: It may or may not work.

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using simple hyperlinks (which can be word(s) or a button shape) or are you using roll-over buttons?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used roll-over buttons

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you share the file, or a subset thereof?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I make a subset, it sometimes work. But not with the whole file.

Unfortunately the PDF contains personal data. When I cut out the "sensible parts" the PDF contains only ~10 pages and then it works with Adobe Acrobat Pro DC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 16, 2022 Feb 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem. I get an error message saying the Go To Page action isn't supported in PDF. I'm using ID 2022 v 17.1,  and opening it in Acrobat Pro v 2021.001.20039.

Go To Page Error Message.png

Button Settings.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 17, 2022 Feb 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are most certainly NOT having the same problem. The warning is quite straightforward. Use bookmarks instead.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Straightforward or not, I HAVE used Go To as an action in the past. Has Adobe disabled it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to page is not supported in PDF. There's really nothing else to say.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 20, 2024 Feb 20, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone figured this issue out? I'm having the same problem. Tried using bookmarks and that did not work either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 20, 2024 Feb 20, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Figured out WHAT? This discussion is three years old and has covered multiple topics.

I'm locking it and request that you start a new discussion with full details on what you're trying to do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 16, 2022 Feb 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As mentioned,  rollover multi-state buttons will not work in PDFs, use simple links. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 22, 2024 Feb 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Go to page is supported in PDF, but InDesign does not offer this feature. You need to create the action with Acrobat Pro.

Rollover multi-state buttons works fine in PDF, see the PDF attachment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines