• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Interactive Pdfs Display issues in Acrobat DC

Participant ,
Apr 10, 2015 Apr 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Have Upgraded to Adobe Acrobat DC and very sad to find that many of the styling features I use in Indesign to to make interactive pdfs no longer work correctly

I have tested existing interactive pdfs that function perfectly in Acrobat XI and Adobe acrobat Reader but open the same files in Acrobat DC and Acrobat DC Reader and most of the documents i have designed and produces over last few years have been renderer useless

The Problem is a with form buttons and show and hide areas basically any transparency glow or drop shadow effect fail to display producing a pixelated mess
A design feature i have utilised a lot is a semi transparent panel which contains text and graphics which displays on rollover of a button. because of the transparency in the panel the whole panel fails to display in any meaningful way Similarly with any effects which as glows drop shadow destroy the display of the whole button.

Reverting back to a previous version Acrobat will not solve the problem as people upgrade the documents become redundant I assume i will have to design any new projects to this new reality what i will say to clients with newly delivered iBrochures or interactive pdfs i have yet to consider

It is unbelievable that Adobe would unilaterally under mind this part of indesign without at least flagging this up so content creators could design appropriately

I can only hope this is a problem with my setup only or it is one that adobe intend to fix appreciate any thoughts on the matter

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't had a change to test this, but a couple of forms I've designed in InDesign worked fine in Acrobat DC.

Can you either post on of the files which give you problems so we can test it, or provide a more precise description of what isn't working?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Basically any interactive  form field wich uses  Effects  Transparency  or  mode changes  like multiply  in every instance the  whole form appear as a pixelated mess Attached are some screen shots   fom the same file in Acrobat reader XI  and screen shots  from a Acrobat CD

1CD.jpg1_AR11.jpg1A_CD.jpg1A_AR11.jpg2CD.png2_AR11.jpg3CD.jpg3_AR11.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible to post a simple example which demonstrates the problem that we can test on our setup. That will eliminate the issue of whether it's particular to your setup? I have very little time for testing the next couple days. I'd be happy to test it.

Have you reported this on the Acrobat forums?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/669745/Bradford%20Interchange3a.pdf

Steve Link to pdf in Dropbox  Have tested several  different files   even remaid  them   with Acrobat DC  Installed  same problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you post about it on the Acrobat forums?

I'll try to download and look at later today.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes  But  had  no response  Thought  more people  would be interest here  as   its the indesign  features that  are  failing  Thanks for  taking a look   very  much appreciated 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Graeme,

I downloaded your PDF file. I have both Acrobat DC and Acrobat XI Pro and I can confirm that I view it the same way that you do.

It clearly seems to be a bug. In the Acrobat beta group, most users are probably not InDesign users, and most of us who do use InDesign probably didn't create or test Show/Hide buttons using those forms of transparency. I'm sure it's not intentional, probably a side effect of some other change.

It needs to be reported as a bug. I'd suggest using the Bug Report form here:

Adobe - Feature Request/Bug Report Form

Also, there are several Acrobat forums. I'd suggest posting (if you haven't already) in the these two forums:

Rich Media & 3D

PDF Forms

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Steve  For  your help and support

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 11, 2015 Apr 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the EXACTLY the same problem! Worse: my clients have this problem, thos that updated to reader DC are now complaining at me.

See screenshots on how it is displayed as it should be in XI and earlier and how it is displayed in DC! Note the background and note the white areau around the close button that should not be there...

I've said it a few times before: this DV version has Vista written all over it!!!

Schermafbeelding 2015-04-11 om 16.59.02.png

Schermafbeelding 2015-04-11 om 16.57.59.png

Schermafbeelding 2015-04-11 om 16.58.32.png

Schermafbeelding 2015-04-11 om 16.58.08.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Frans,

As I told you in another forum, it's not helpful to overgeneralize. We both know that no new software version comes without bugs.

EXACTLY how was your example created so we can help to narrow it down. Is this using Show/Hide forms and transparency like Graeme's example? None of my forms show a problem so we have to be more specific about what the problem is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Steve  Just a point  its  not just the show and hide  form elements   its any  button   with Effects  or transparency mode applied.  Note, the  last example in the images  i posted  the button  has no effect applied  beyond the bounds of the element there is a drop shadow  confined with in the graphic  and  this has create  an issue   Similarly  on the arial image  some of the labels  which are buttons   only have transparency and mode  applied to the background  of the button   and they will not display correctly.  The Main menu which has  no show and  hide links   just standard form navigation buttons only  has effects  on the rollover    its  only  on hover  when you see the problem    To be  more specific it seems that  a form element   with  more than one state, be that show and  hide   or  rollover  will not display correctly  with  Effects, Transparency  or mode  applied.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

‌Steve, I can share this example if you want, but not through a link everyone can use, so maybe a PM?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

‌Send me a PM with a Dropbox or CC link to the file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Look, the Microsoft Acrobat team doesn't like it when people outside the Enterprise area complain.

This includes those using Adobe software which was never meant to work correctly with Microsoft Acrobat.

And when InDesign added the ability to export interactive elements to Microsoft Acrobat PDF files, the Microsoft Acrobat team was irritated. If their god, (Steve Ballmer), had meant for transparencies to be in PDF, he would have given that instruction to the Microsoft Acrobat team.

The latest version of Acrobat and Reader for the Google Document Cloud is worse. Obviously when Microsoft teamed up with Google to create these new format, nobody expect Adobe users to want to use them.

And now we don't want to use them.

Perhaps these bugs will be fixed. But given the previous record of the Microsoft Acrobat team, I doubt it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 14, 2015 Apr 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issues described here. I created buttons in InDesign CC (2014) that have drop shadows and transparent layers. I exported to interactive PDF. They do not display properly in Acrobat DC, but they used to look just fine in XI.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 14, 2015 Apr 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd suggest that you post these issues on the Acrobat forums, particularly Creating, Editing & Exporting PDFs and Rich Media. The Acrobat team won't see them in this forum.

Also use the Bug Report form:

Adobe - Feature Request/Bug Report Form

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 15, 2015 Apr 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Steve,

I did all three. If I get any feedback, I will share it here as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also having this bug with transparent interactive elements in Acrobat Pro DC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly, this is only with the interactive elements that have a transparency, it doesn't happen with the same object using a blending mode as the multiply mode.

Another issue is the "go to page" option in the button possibilities, it doesn't work anymore...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 19, 2015 Apr 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have exactly the same problem with drop shadows on interactive elements created in InDesign CC (latest). Files created before the Acrobat DC update view just fine on Acrobat DC, but files created with InDesign after the Acrobat DC release have the drop shadow masking issue. It seems the bug happens during InDesign export.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 19, 2015 Apr 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Work-around. I converted the buttons (which were thumbnail photos) with drop shadows back to objects then added an invisible button on top of the photographs. You can group the invisible button with the photo -- keeps working. A pain for sure, but works.

(top image has the work-around, bottom has the bug)

Screen Shot 2015-04-19 at 5.18.30 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 20, 2015 Apr 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I Have testest file  extensively and  find the  bug is only  in Acrobat  DC  All my  historical   files work perfectly   in Acrobat XI and  previous versions  only  in Acrobat DC  Do the files fail   I have  re-exported   the files since the upgrade    and there is  no change   the files work perfectly  in Acrobat XI  and Fail In Acrobat DC 

It is my opinion   that the fault  is purely with Acrobat DC  and has nothing to do with inDesign

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 21, 2015 Apr 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you're right.

I suspect InDesign is using a new problematic Acrobat DC library/component when it renders a PDF. This could explain why PDFs created before Acrobat DC display fine in Acrobat DC, and those created after Acrobat DC are messed up when they display in Acrobat DC. Thx.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 21, 2015 Apr 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

‌no, also my PDF files from one and two years old are displayed wrong, no new exported versions, archived files...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines