• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is there a limit for number of buttons in InDesign for interactive PDF

New Here ,
Jul 26, 2021 Jul 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was creating buttons in InDesign for Interactive PDF. Till certain number of buttons, it is working properly. The last couple of buttons that I created is acting weirdly. The action was supposed to hide/show another buttons. But it is not doing that. Is there any limit for number of buttons that can be created in InDesign for interactive PDF. Note: All the buttons were in same page.

TOPICS
How to , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 27, 2021 Jul 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now that Flash is obsolete some features in Interactive PDFs have changed – you can have a word or words or an image (such as a button shape) as a document hyperlink to say another page in the document, or to an external website. Some devices, for example, iPads, don't have rollover capability – only click – you should avoid multi-action buttons like On Click, On Roll Over, etc. Multi-state objects (MSO) don’t work at all in Interactive PDFs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

suppose there is no limit! are you sure all show and hide buttons are done correclty and when you preview they work?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. In preview they work & in chrome browser also they work. But its not working in adobe reader. Its like after a certain point, whatever the changes I make in adobe indesign is NOT reflecting in Adobe pdf.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sometimes the pdf doesnt update when you replace it, try to remove it totaly, close the adobe pdf. export it again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

If you are soley targeting the Adobe platform ( Adobe Acrobat/Reader) then it is probably more reliable to create the PDF from InDesign with no buttons and add them in using Acrobat.

There are methods so that you can get the buttons to a new PDF inside Acrobat so you wouldn't have to remake all the buttons if you have to remake the PDF.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Show/hide buttons has never been very reliable with a lot of buttons involved. My advice, which I will give anyone on this topic, don't bother.

There are too many PDF readers and devices for me to feel confident in a project like this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines