• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Macbook M1 keeps on freezing running InDesign

New Here ,
Feb 09, 2021 Feb 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've started using InDesign half an hour ago on my MacBook M1 and it keeps on freezing, either the app or the whole laptop.

I do have the latest version of the software, don't really know what to do but it's simply unusable right now.

TOPICS
Bug , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Feb 09, 2021 Feb 09, 2021

Make sure you have the latest version of InDesign, there's been a recent update – version 16.1

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND , Apr 02, 2021 Apr 02, 2021

Hi there,

Sorry about the inconvenience caused. The first Beta release of InDesign for Apple silicon M1 is now available to download. Please try installing by following the instructions on this page and share your observations with us.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This thread explains the problem. There is no support yet for the M1 processor with InDesign. Rosetta 2 which tries to interpret the commands for InDesign has not been tested. You're seeing the result:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign/m1-mac-has-anyone-used-in-design-with-the-new-mac-with-m1-ch...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may want to search the forum. You're not the first to report issues with M1 machines.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure you have the latest version of InDesign, there's been a recent update – version 16.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 19, 2021 Mar 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

obviously - but no improvement - crash once an hour. I reinstalled everything from scratch. Had Apple even check the device. To now avail.

Adobe needs to get busy on M1.

Such fun 👎

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 19, 2021 Mar 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe is working on it. If you are interested you could pursue joining the InDesign Prerelease program if it's open.

I just queried the InDesign Prerelase program managers to see if they were looking for more testers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 02, 2021 Apr 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry about the inconvenience caused. The first Beta release of InDesign for Apple silicon M1 is now available to download. Please try installing by following the instructions on this page and share your observations with us.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 05, 2021 Apr 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem. Constant freezing. Really about to break my mouse and keyboard it is unbearable. Uninstalling|installing didn't help.

The lrge answer of Mr. Silberd didn't help me too as I cannot look into "Library" folder due to some apple reasons.  

InDesign 2021 ver. 16.1

My comp - macOs Bif Sur ver. 11.2.3

Using Mac mini M1 2020. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 05, 2021 Apr 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

Sorry about this trouble. Did you try installing M1 beta version from Creative Cloud as suggest on the link? If yes, please share your feedback with the team by following the steps shared here ( https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign/indesign-beta-for-apple-silicon-inviting-users-to-test-and-s... ). 

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines