Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Master Template for multiple product types

New Here ,
Mar 17, 2021 Mar 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My team currently uses InDesign to create marketing templates using the data merge function. We have 40+ individual templates created because we have a lot of different marketing scenarios for our clients. When we need to create marketing for a client, we have to choose the template we need based on products, fill out our master data merge excel list and then perform the data merge with the template.

I'd like to reduce the number of templates that we have so that we just have 1 master template or a few master templates. This will make it easier anytime we want to update the content or design across our templates. Instead of editing each one individually, we could do it just to 1 or fewer templates. Is there anyway to use InDesign and the data merge function to achieve this? Essentially I would want to input in Excel perhaps the products and terminology that I want output on the InDesign template, so when the InDesign file generates, the content is specific for the scenario. I'm not sure how to set up a master template to achieve this, or if it's even possible. Perhaps there is another Adobe product in the Creative Cloud suite that could achieve this? Any help or advice is appreciated.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?