• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Missing Font

New Here ,
Jul 27, 2020 Jul 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can anyone tell me why "OLD ENGLISH" font is not available in InDesign 2020? It's available in Illustrator, but not InDesign.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 27, 2020 Jul 27, 2020

Is the font actually installed on your computer so that it is available for all apps or is it a cloud based font such as Adobe Fonts (aka Typekit Fonts)? I recently had a problem where my Adobe Fonts were also activated and showing in Illustrator but not in InDesign. I was able to correct the issue by opening my Creative Cloud Desktop app, clicking on "Manage Fonts" on the left of the Desktop app window and then clicking on the gear icon in the upper right of the new window that opened. In the d

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jul 27, 2020 Jul 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Is the font actually installed on your computer so that it is available for all apps or is it a cloud based font such as Adobe Fonts (aka Typekit Fonts)? I recently had a problem where my Adobe Fonts were also activated and showing in Illustrator but not in InDesign. I was able to correct the issue by opening my Creative Cloud Desktop app, clicking on "Manage Fonts" on the left of the Desktop app window and then clicking on the gear icon in the upper right of the new window that opened. In the dialog that then came up I turned off the Adobe Fonts, clicked done and then closed (not quit) the desktop app. I waited about thirty seconds and then went back to where I'd turned off the Adobe Fonts and then turned them back on and clicked "Done". When I reopened InDesign my previously activated Adobe Fonts were all showing. It's like unplugging and replugging a toaster to get it to work only more modern.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines