Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

New to InDesign tutorial says I can Save As...to PDF or jpeg

New Here ,
Jun 15, 2021 Jun 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello All,

Local printing shop told me our organization would benefit more from my learning Adobe InDesign rather than continuing on with Adobe Illustrator. Did my first graphic page. Now I just want to save as a jpeg or even a PDF would be better than nothing! These options do not show in the File drop down menu.

Carol

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to this friendly forum Carol.

Normally you'd use the Adobe PDF Presets and (depending on your printer's spec) choose PDF/X-4. Select in the Export Adobe PDF dialogue box, under the General tab, Pages (not Spreads) and tick, under the Marks and Bleeds Tab,  Crop Marks and Use Document Bleed Settings.

You would probably benefit from undertaking one of the online video InDesign tutorials on LinkedIn Learning (you can get 30-days free access).

And return here with specific questions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Forget jpeg for print. You find PDF under File/Export or File/PDF presets.

Ask if they want a PDF/X4 or PDF/X1 (any printing shop that suggests jpeg will want an old PDF/X1 is my guess 😉 ).

Ask for bleed value of the PDF, do not forget to include that when needed.

Then buy a book for beginners to start learning InDesign!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines