• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Object frame not adjusting to stroke centre align

New Here ,
Mar 03, 2021 Mar 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I usually use the stroke option of "align to centre" when I work for accuracy. Now, out of nowhere the text frame is not adjusting to match the "align to centre" frame. Instead, it remaining the same as though you had the stroke aligned to the outside. Then when I checked the inside option, it did not change either.
Is this a glitch or have I messed with a setting I didn't know about? Anyone else had this problem?

I have attached a picture and I hope it makes my problem clearer.

Thanks, everyone. 

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's hard to hell what's happening in the picture you posted; almost like the selected frame isn't the one with a stroke applied. In any case, a misbehavior like the one you describe can often be cleared up with a preferences reset. Have you tried that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is hard to explain - in this response, I am not being condescended I am just trying to simplify my problem as much as possible. 
When you view an object - in my case a rectangle - in the guide view the shape has the blue (layer 1 colour) around the outside of the shape. If you have a stroke then that blue guideline is then meant to adjust according to your stroke alignment - inside, outside and centre. 

When I try to adjust that stroke alignment the blue guide frames it is not responding. As a result, I can't align things with the snap to option and I have to eyeball things to align correctly. 

It came out of nowhere this morning. Is that better?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're mixing a lot of terms, "guide view," "guideline," and the "guide frames". I suspect you're not refererring to guides at all, but simply the frame of your rectangle.

If you have a stroke then that blue guideline is then meant to adjust according to your stroke alignment - inside, outside and centre. 

No. The frame itself does not "adjust." The application of the stroke is what changes position. Here are three copies of the same (size) rectangle with each of the 3 options applied.

Capture.PNG

You see the frame doesn't "adjust". The application of the stroke changes position, and the frame itself does not change. Again, if it's not working this way at your desk, a preferences reset may be in order. Have you tried that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Is this a glitch or have I messed with a setting I didn't know about? Anyone else had this problem?

I wonder if you disabled View > Grids and Guides > Snap to Guides? If it is off and you turn it back on, you will have to move the frame slightly for it to snap to the blue vertical ruler guide after adjusting the stroke alignment.

~Barb 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines