One or more file aliases could not be resolved

Community Beginner ,
Feb 20, 2021 Feb 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried to open an InDesign file and a message pops up that reads 'One or more file aliases could not be resolved. Please verify that the file or files still exist and try this operation again.'. It also tells me that I last opened it 2 days ago which is not true, I was editing it last night. I save my files religiously whilst editing them, almost every time I change something so theres no chance that I just never saved the file. When I look in the finder at where it was saved, the file is no longer there, it also does not show up in search results.

 

The only thing which I think might have caused this problem is that overnight I downloaded quite a few films and I woke up to a message saying I had run out of disk space. Since then I have deleted the films to see if the file comes back but it does not. I have tried to access Time Machine but it tells me that I can only access a backup from today, another problem I can't seem to fix!

 

The only other posts I have seen about this problem is people who use CC on a school/college/uni server. I am using my own laptop but it might be relevant that I have been accessing the file using private wi-fi and Glide wi-fi, this is a service provided for students living in University halls. Currently I am in the University library and using Eduroam and this is the first time I have tried to access the file using this wi-fi. 

 

I have a deadline in a few days and I really need this file! Thanks in advance.

TOPICS
Performance, Sync and storage

Views

1.3K

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Feb 20, 2021 Feb 20, 2021
When I got home and connected to the Glide wi-fi my file was back! It seems my weird theory about Eduroam wi-fi was correct...

Likes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Feb 20, 2021 Feb 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an update, I have found the file but the filename starts with '.' which my other accessible files do not. This has happened to a few other .indd files but luckily they are unimportant and I do not need them anymore.

 

I have attached an image with the file info for the 'damaged' file next to the file info for an older version of this document which I can open.

 

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 20, 2021 Feb 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

When I got home and connected to the Glide wi-fi my file was back! It seems my weird theory about Eduroam wi-fi was correct...

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines