Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

OSX How do I replace Type 1 font with Adobe Cloud font in a document

New Here ,
Feb 25, 2021 Feb 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,
With the window "Find and replace font" I can easily replace all individual fonts in a document. But this is only possible with permanently installed fonts. How can I include the "cloud" in the search?
The point is that we still use a lot of T1 fonts in our files and of course we only want to buy new fonts that are not included in the Adobe abo-subscription.
In addition, everything should be done as quickly and efficiently as possible with 1-2 clicks, without having to mark individual lines of text.
Does it work somehow?

Thanks in advance
Patrik

TOPICS
Print , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, in order to use fonts in indesign it needs to be activated (adobe fonts) or on your system. (ie to use the find change)

/G

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thx a lot.
If I have now installed both the old T1 font and the cloud font for a transitional period, how can I identify the correct font sources in the "Search and replace" window? There are no symbols ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

dont use find change (although there is a way to do this), use find/replace font. That should help you easier.

Screenshot 2021-02-25 at 13.34.41.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 16, 2021 Apr 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Grant H,

open the Find/Replace Font… dialog, select a font and look into the font's Information by opening "More…".

Also see into the articles by Mike Rankin at CreativePro:

How to Tell Which Files Use Type 1 PostScript Fonts
Mike Rankin, April 6, 2021
https://creativepro.com/how-to-tell-which-files-use-type-1-postscript-fonts/

How to Convert PostScript Fonts to OpenType with TransType
Mike Rankin, February 12, 2021
https://creativepro.com/how-to-convert-postscript-fonts-to-opentype-with-transtype/

Regards,
Uwe Laubender
( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines