• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Page distribution

Community Beginner ,
Dec 05, 2018 Dec 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Help!! I used to be able to get the page tool, highlight multiple pages across a spread in the pages palette, then set the space between pages in the toolbar and use the distribute button to get even spacing between pages. Since updating to InDesign 2019 (v14.0.1), the “use spacing” measurement field never completely shows in the info bar, and every time I hit the “distribute horizontal” button, InDesign IMMEDIATELY crashes. I am using MacOS 10.13.6. and I use this feature A LOT.

Screen Shot 2018-12-05 at 4.00.07 PM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are absolutely right. This is not working in CC 2019. I tested it in both CC 2018 and CC 2019 (version 14.0.1) and it worked fine in CC 2018 but not in CC 2019. I even tried deleting my InDesign cache files which usually can restore missing elements in panels but it did not bring this feature back. Your best bet is to report it as a bug at Adobe InDesign Feedback and if it is a feature that you need right now then try reinstalling CC 2018.

EDIT: I did not get a crash when I tested the feature with CC 2019. For me, the field just did not completely show but nothing at all happens when trying to click on the arrows next to "Use Spacing".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi lenasal ,

that would not help you:
I tested the feature with my German InDesign CC 2019 14.0.1.209 on Windows 10 Pro.

No crash. It is working as expected.

DistributeSpaceBetweenPages-CC-2019.PNG

Regards,
Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 06, 2019 Feb 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines