• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Page numbering in TOC changes from roman (thru viii) to Arabic (9-on). Windows 10, InDesign 2018.

New Here ,
Nov 02, 2019 Nov 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My TOC for a lengthy document with multiple chapters changes from roman to Arabic page numbers (the TOC itself, not the chapter page numbers) between viii and 9. Both the Front Matter "chapter" and the TOC "chapter" are set for roman numerals. I keep updating numbering but nothing changes. Maddening!

Also, like others here, InDesign keeps crashing multiple times a day. Also maddening. Please fix bugs. Thank you.

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 02, 2019 Nov 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We can help with the page numbers. Are you using an InDesign book (.indb file) , or are all of the chapters in one InDesign file (.indd file)?

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 04, 2019 Nov 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, Barb. I'm using an InDesign book.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines