• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Paste without Formatting Freezes Indesign

New Here ,
Apr 25, 2024 Apr 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've copied from other inDesign documents and paste without formatting into a different document and it freezes the entire program. I already trashed my preferences, uninstalled and reinstalled, and also used different documents to test out whether it was the file that was corrupted. I also tried changing the keyboard shortcuts and when I press the keyboard shortcuts Command + Shift + V, it freezes. I am able to right-click and paste without formatting but I'd like to be able to use keyboard shortcuts.

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 25, 2024 Apr 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

your versions of InDesign and macOS?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 26, 2024 Apr 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Version 19.4 and Sonoma 14.4.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Kim33943837z7xx

Any recent updates? OS, InDesign?

Or maybe some additional software is using the same shortcut? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It started happening yesterday before I updated it and also after I updated the inDesign program.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 30, 2024 Apr 30, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Kim33943837z7xx,

We are sorry to hear you're having trouble. Would you mind telling us if you're still experiencing the issue? Have you tried the suggestion shared by our experts? Please also share if it's happening with all files or with a specific file? Are you also experiencing the similar issue with other Adobe apps like Illustrator or Photoshop?

We will try our best to investigate the issue.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Harshika,

Thanks for reaching out. It was happening with some files, and only in InDesign. It's possible that my files became corrupted, and I noticed that when I Force Quit the program, the files would pop back up and again when opening the program. I deleted some of the files that kept popping back up, but the issue is still occurring with other files.  

I put my files on OneDrive, but I've been using it for 5 months without any issue. I tried to completely uninstall and reinstall Creative Cloud, but hit a roadblock when I needed to paste code in, as this is a work computer and couldn't access Terminal on Mac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Kim33943837z7xx

After InDesign crashes and recover file - you should do IDMLing - export as IDML, open, Save with a new name - do not overwrite your original file.

And do Save As with a new name at the end of the day - to purge Undo History and to create backup - you can add date - as yyyy-mm-dd - or a counter.

Next time, open this new file and work on it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reinstalling rarely fixes everything - you can do a complete reinstall using the
Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines