• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Paste Without Formatting Not Working

Explorer ,
Nov 18, 2019 Nov 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm working in InDesign v 14.1.3 on Windows 10. I'm trying to copy and paste without formatting text within my InDesign document. When I try to use the keyboard shortcut nothing is pasted and the option is greyed out in the edit menu. I can work around this issue by undoing my cut action and then cutting again and pasting without formatting.

TOPICS
Bug , Performance , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Explorer , Nov 18, 2019 Nov 18, 2019

Looks like the issue was resolved after restarting my machine. I should have known to do that after updating InDesign.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer , Mar 24, 2021 Mar 24, 2021

This answer from another user did solve it for me:

Paste without formatting is dimmed due to a setting under Clipboard preferences (Edit / Preferences / Clipboard handling).
When Paste is set to "All information" the option to use "Paste without formatting" is again available (and also ctrl+shift+v).
It's described here https://helpx.adobe.com/indesign/using/adding-text-frames.html
under the header "Paste text from another application".

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you aware of InDesigns Import Microsoft Word facility ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

hm. Can you give more details?

Exactly what did you cut? Where exactly did you try to paste?

Did you do something in between the two actions?
Same InDesign document?

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cut a paragraph or less of text that I placed on the pasteboard and am trying to paste it within the same document in a text frame that already has the style applied that I want the text to have. I didn't do anything between copying and pasting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

to add to what Derek is talking about. you could get all of your text with no formating on to your idesign document from the import options when you place a word document. you just map to none on all categories. Doing this will allow you to get all of the text on to your layout in seconds, with no formatting so you can add your own, plus you will complete your layouts in a fraction of the time versus copying and pasting things in fragments.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you repeat the issue?

Is it with a specific document or with all documents?

Just tested InDesign CC 2019 version 14.0.3 on Windows 10 and cannot see the problem with a new document.

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like the issue was resolved after restarting my machine. I should have known to do that after updating InDesign.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 24, 2021 Mar 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This didnt solve it for me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 24, 2021 Mar 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This answer from another user did solve it for me:

Paste without formatting is dimmed due to a setting under Clipboard preferences (Edit / Preferences / Clipboard handling).
When Paste is set to "All information" the option to use "Paste without formatting" is again available (and also ctrl+shift+v).
It's described here https://helpx.adobe.com/indesign/using/adding-text-frames.html
under the header "Paste text from another application".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines