• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

pen tool guide missing

New Here ,
Sep 14, 2020 Sep 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

when i use the pen tool i can't see the guide i've tried every thing but i couldn't fix it 

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you clarify what you're talking about? Do you mean that you don't see anything as you draw a path with the pen tool or do you mean that you have created a guide to draw along but cannot see it onscreen? If you mean that you can't see a guide then try View>Grids & Guides>Show Guides. Also make sure that you are actually using the pen tool rather than the add or delete point tools which look just like the pen tool except they have a + or a - next to them. All three tools are bundeled together on the Tool Bar and it's possible to be using the wrong one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rere:

In InDesign, guides are the non-printing visual aids that help with alignment. We have margin guides, column guides and ruler guides and their visibilty is fully independent from the Pen tool (or any other tool).

I will guess that you mean path. Deselect all, set the stroke color and weight, and then try again.

~Barb 

path.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 21, 2020 Sep 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Barb
Thank you for your answer but it didn’t help i still can’t see the path ( or the line that guide me to how the line would look )

This is what i get [Image.jpeg] [Image.jpeg]

-Rere
احصل على Outlook لـ iOS

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 21, 2020 Sep 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rere:

We can't see the images. Be sure to reply in your browser (not email) and use the Insert Photos button on the toolbar.

In the meantime, be sure that you set a stroke color and weight prior to adding the path.

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 28, 2020 Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

He's talking about the pen tool path preview, or rubberband. I'm having the same issue. It was working and now suddenly it is not. I can not find anywhere in the InDesign prefernces that controls the pen tool path preview, I am using InDesign v.15.1.2.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah. Thank you for clarifying, @garyg44095275 .

In Photoshop, with the Pen tool selected, in the Options bar click the gear icon and enable the Rubber Band option to preview the path as you move your cursor in the image area. In Illustrator, use Preferences > Selection and Anchor Display > Uncheck the Enable Rubber Band for Pen Tool and/or Curvature Tool.

The rubber band feature does not exist in InDesign, but others have requested it.  To vote for including it in a future version of InDesign, click here: https://indesign.uservoice.com/forums/601021-adobe-indesign-feature-requests/suggestions/33211822-ad....

~Barb 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Barb, but voting for new features is a pretty juvenile approach to adding them. If enough people bring something to your attention, it should be considered and implemented. In this case, two of your products already have  a rubber band feature for the pen tool, so why wouldn't InDesign? Only makes sense.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @garyg44095275 :

In this case, two of your products already have  a rubber band feature for the pen tool, so why wouldn't InDesign?

This is a user-to-user forum—users helping other users locate features and explain how to use a specific application. Personally, I am a career trainer delivering classes on InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop and other Adobe apps. I volunteer on the forum to answer "how to" questions in my spare time. I don't work for Adobe and have no control over how they solicit feedback. 😊

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines