• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photo Collage Array

Community Beginner ,
Nov 17, 2023 Nov 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was asked by a coworker to make one of those headshots photo array things for a print for the end of the year.

I am initially just thinking I do some quick math dividing the area by the number of headshots photos and make a frame array grid. Then select the photos at once and go through and place in the frames.

Is there a better way for doing this? Any automated options?

Attached is something very similar to what they are looking for.

TOPICS
How to , Print , Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is the imageCatalog in the scripts panel under Applications/Samples. There is a version in each of the next folders depending on the script language.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@matt8445 wrote:

Is there a better way for doing this? Any automated options?

Contact sheet in Photoshop - end result will be much more convenient single file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Other posters here are pointing you to "contact sheet" style scripts that just dump the images into the same size frame but repeatedly onto the same page. However I don't think that's what you're after - is it safe to say that you'd like to be able to draw a box, click a button such as "create tasteful montage" and then navigate to your images?

Unfortunately, I've been unable to find one. I know of a couple of scripts that can take a selection of images and randomise them - some are paid, others are not:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign-discussions/random-image-distribution-size-script/m-p/141533...

https://exchange.adobe.com/apps/cc/100201/arranger

I'm not sure if there are any cc library or library files out there that have pre-made grids that could help - other posters will have to jump in here. My colleagues and I use something similar here when we have yearbooks, but that is the company's IP that can't be shared... but the idea isn't unique.

So far as getting images into ID quickly, if you're not familiar with the gridify technique, check that out here: https://youtu.be/qH3EjcLafRw?si=9Zz9-i-LGaQNGLcQ

Gerald Singelmann also has a script for placing lots of images into premade grids. Check his site here (translation may be required): https://www.cuppascript.com/bilder-platzieren-ubers-kontextmenu/

If the answer wasn't in my post, perhaps it might be on my blog at colecandoo!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 18, 2023 Nov 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

But if it doesn't have to be "editable" - why bloat InDesign's file with 10s or 100s miniatures - linked to full size pics - when you can do Contact Sheet in Photoshop - and get one, small image? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines