• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

photo links in InDesign revert so shadow of another image

Community Beginner ,
Mar 04, 2021 Mar 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What the heck now? Bringing in an image to an ID doc of logos that are mostly jpgs, pngs, or eps, and all of them revert to a shadow of an earlier image. It's not the same image at all, something very different. Any thoughts on this? Doesn't happen with images of photos, just these logos. They are simple logos, nothing fancy.

TOPICS
Bug , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Mar 05, 2021 Mar 05, 2021

Thank you for your reply. With great chagrin and embarassment, I found that the images I was using had hidden layers that I had not noticed. Removing those solved the issue. I apologize to all. My skill set with Creative Suite could be described as no more than intermediate and occasionally, as you discern, I am easily flummoxed. I am grateful to this community, though, for its willingness to help a slogger like me. All the best and thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Participant ,
Mar 04, 2021 Mar 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @jdjr2364 ,

This could be a cache issue. I've had this a few times where the effects don't update. Maybe someone at Adobe can give some feed back on this. But I have found it's either a video card bug or a Indesign one.

What I recommend trying is:

1. Go to View > Display Performance > Fast Display
  2. Go to View > Display Performance > Typical or high (what ever you had originally)

Hopefully this resets the cache.

If this doesn't work:

1. Go to View > Screen Mode > Presentation
  2. Press esc after this renders

If this doesn't work:

1. Save and close indesign

2. Reopen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 05, 2021 Mar 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for your reply. With great chagrin and embarassment, I found that the images I was using had hidden layers that I had not noticed. Removing those solved the issue. I apologize to all. My skill set with Creative Suite could be described as no more than intermediate and occasionally, as you discern, I am easily flummoxed. I am grateful to this community, though, for its willingness to help a slogger like me. All the best and thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines