• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problems with stroke around photo

Explorer ,
Mar 21, 2021 Mar 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Several months ago, I posted this problem: https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign/adding-stroke-around-photo/m-p/11580593

The answer worked that time, but now I am having it happen all over the ID document. I've tried making the photo frame smaller, and it doesn't do anything at all. I've tried making the photo itself smaller, and that hasn't worked either.

Does anyone know what could be the problem? This is especially baffling since these frames came from a library that I have used several times. The strokes also seem to be missing from the library frame.

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please show something. In "Normal Mode" please (not in "Preview Mode").

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I apologize. I deselected Output Preview. Here are two more pictures with the same issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you select one of the frames and also show the color panel, or the swatch panel?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please see below. Sorry about the mistakes!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

image_insert.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Capture.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please see below.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please hide the background rectangle (or set the Paper color to white) - depending on what you used.

Let the image selected, zoom in (that we can see the border of your image better). And show us additional the Stroke Panel (all in one screenshot)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 22, 2021 Mar 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry--I don't know how to hide the background rectangle. Using this  tutorial, I tried to change the page color to white, but it didn't work. The pages are the color I chose for the master page layout--this is a Blurb book I'm making. I can certainly zoom in and show you the stroke panel.

I have always kind of faked my way around ID, with help from the great folks here on the forum.

If hiding the background or changing the paper color is necessary, perhaps someone would be willing to walk me through the steps.

I'm sorry if I'm being a pain in the butt.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, I am a bit confused as to why one person wants to see the Swatch Panel, and the other wants to see the Color Panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Because there are different ways to apply a color. Did you use the swatch panel or the color panel? Anyway, please show one of them and do not forget to select first one of the images frames.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It appears I am unable to reply to this thread with the info that I found--I had made a very fundamental mistake and did not have the stroke set for Black.

I am so sorry.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Was that all???

The color is visible in your screenshot RGB Grey with [R141 G142 B136]

However, the stroke width is not recognizable (I miss the Stroke Panel). And you used the same (or similar) color for the stroke and your background.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines