Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Publish Online Colour Issue

Community Beginner ,
Mar 19, 2020 Mar 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

Wondering if anyone else has come across this issue when using the publish online feature in InDesign?

When I publish an RGB document online the colours seem washed out and as if they are being converted to CMYK.

InDesign doc is set up in RGB transparency blend space and looks as it should when working. Have played around with different 'Transparency Blend Space' and 'Colour Settings' but nothing seems to work (Please see below images for refernce of before and after it is published).

Oddest part is that when I export to a PDF it looks how I would expect.

Very frustrating, am i missing something obvious!?

Any help appreciated,

Thanks!

InDesign DocInDesign DocPublish OnlinePublish Online

TOPICS
Publish online

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Apr 03, 2020 Apr 03, 2020

I did but still doesn't work for me unfortunatley...

Turns out that if I save the placed files as .eps or .pdf rather than .jpg this solves the problem so will use this as a work around for the time being!

Thanks for your help

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Apr 07, 2021 Apr 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So to publish on "Publish Online" with the right colours I choose the profile Emulate InDesign 2.0 CM off, but for everything else I obviously keep my profiles

No, by default web browsers display as sRGB, so there’s no reason to ever turn off color management.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines