• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Publish Online document cannot download PDF

Community Beginner ,
Apr 18, 2024 Apr 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am publishing an interactive project online for a client, but also want them to be able to download it as a PDF. When I am publishing it, I select "Allow viewers to download the document as a PDF."

But when I or anyone else tries to download it, it opens a page that simply says "Not Found"

I've tried selecting different PDF presents in the Advanced section to see if that helps, but it doesn't.

Has anyone else had this issue? Is there a way to resolve it?

Thanks!
TOPICS
Publish online

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Sorry to hear about the trouble. I tested this on the latest version of InDesign & macOS, and it's working. Can you confirm the version of InDesign & OS along with if it's happening with a specific file or multiple files? We'll try our best to assist you.

Thanks
Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running MacOS Sonoma 14.4.1 and Indesign 19.3

This has happened with multiple documents over the past 6 months or so.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for confirming. Can you test this file and see if it allows you to download the PDF? Can you also share a link for testing? You can also DM me by clicking on my name.

Thanks

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What browser are you using to view the Publish Online file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It happens on both Safari and Chrome. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 28, 2024 Apr 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this is same exact issue has been happening to me over the last 6 months as well. really frustrating as clients specifically request access for the PDF download option. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 28, 2024 Apr 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@ccmy_iw @audrik38328616 

If you can share your publish online files here or in a private message I'll see if I can download them.

But - here's the issue that I think is happening - interactive PDFs, especially anything outside a basic PDF - would be complex and depend on the PDF reader being used, like Firefox would use Foxit, Chrome has it's own, and mobile devices have their own, like my Samsung phone has a Samsung PDF reader.

These 3rd party pdf readers are usually only useful for basic content - and don't always work with complex, interactive PDFs, as they don't support all the modules for interactive - hence some pages might show up blank as they don't know how to display the information. 

A lot of people don't have Acrobat Reader installed natively on their computer or their phones - and not all PDF readers are equal. 

So whereas I think that's the issue - it's impossible to know without testing your online documents.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines