Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

QR Code

New Here ,
Mar 17, 2021 Mar 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

Is there a limit to number of scans that are possible with the QR Code that you can make in InDesign?
For my student organisation we want to use this QR Code for a link to a site with all the online activities that are taken place. So it's important that every student can use it and there isn't a limit of people who can scan it.
Kind Regards,

Floriane

TOPICS
How to , Performance , Publish online

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Mar 17, 2021 Mar 17, 2021

No limits at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND , Mar 17, 2021 Mar 17, 2021

It depends on the URL you code. Some people sell QR codes to URLs that do have a limit. If you buy this sort of URL to use with InDesign it will expire. But there is no such thing as an expiring QR code: they work forever.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No limits at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It depends on the URL you code. Some people sell QR codes to URLs that do have a limit. If you buy this sort of URL to use with InDesign it will expire. But there is no such thing as an expiring QR code: they work forever.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a URL to our own site so we don't buy anything. So I guess it will work fine like this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 07, 2023 Jan 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue.  I generated a QR code to connect to a URL and the code stopped working after about 10 scans.  It seems there is a limit to the QR codes.  The website itself has no limit as I tried it with "free" QR codes and it worked.  I just don't want the branding and data collection from these other companies.  Please help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 07, 2023 Jan 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

QR code is like a barcode on the box of your favourite cereals 😉 it's just a bunch of black squares - contents won't change - EVER. 

If you convert plain text - it will stay the same forever. 

If you convert URL - the URL itself won't change - it's just a piece of text - HOWEVER - whatever it links to - can change - and that's your "problem". 

â–’â–º ID-Tasker / ID-Tasker Server - work smart not hard â—„â–’

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 08, 2023 Jan 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The note above that services "sell" the dynamic URL as part of the QR code answers a lot about the endless inquiries on this point. I now have a better understanding of why the question of "how long an InDesign QR code lasts" keeps reoccurring.

Simply create your QR code with the URL you wish users to reach, and as long as you don't change the destination address at the web end, it will work forever and for billions of scans, free of charge.

â•Ÿ Word & InDesign to Kindle & EPUB: a Guide to Pro Results (Amazon) â•¢

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines