• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

QueryInterface()

New Here ,
Nov 29, 2007 Nov 29, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok well.. IPMUnknown declares QueryInterface() as one of its pure virtual functions.. but I was curious to look at one implementation of it; I couldn't find. I want to know how AddRef/Release/QueryInterface really work :(

Can someone give me a hint?

Thanks!
TOPICS
SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also.. where is gSession defined in the SDK? and where does InDesign instantiate it.. the SDK docs don't provide complete explanations to everything...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For QueryInterface etc. see:
CPMUnknown.h
HelperInterface.h

For gSession see:
SDKPlugInEntrypoint.cpp
PlugIn.h

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 13, 2017 Jan 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dirk,

due to a lot of bugs/failures at CS2, I'v switched now to CS5.5.

After addin g the respective additional include pathes to the different cpp-files, I get now at my Actioncomponent the error:

error C2065: 'gSession' : undeclared identifier

It seems to me that here is a similar failure as I've had at CS2.

There obviusely classes/headers between the customer code and the Adobe stack.

I've looked at the XMLCatalogHandler-Sample.

Here at the projects properties the additione include pathes are set by using the variable 'id_sdk_dir'.

Also this variable is not found, when I copy the pathes from the sample to my project.

So where these variables are defined and how to make them visible at customer projects?

Regards

Jochen Seliger

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 14, 2017 Jan 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dirk,

I've found the reason, why gSession is not found.

The including of PlugIn.cpp was missing.

Now I've some syntactical errors obviusely due to the via legalnotices shipped class-versions of Adobe.

If you have any information/recommendation concerning that issue, you are wellcome.

Regards

Jochen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 15, 2017 Jan 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dirk,

as gSession can be created by PlugIn.cpp, the question is, where that class should be incuded.

At the moment, I've incuded it into my ActionComponent.cpp.

But the gSession  should be defiined only once, that cpp should be somewher at a higher level.

I can suggest to include it into my StartupShutdown-class.

But at the samples I could not find a project file, which is including PlugIn.cpp.

May you give me a advise?

But I've further problems with the 'legalnotices'.

The SnapshotFactory.h is shipped for CS5.5 only under the named directory.

I've incuded that haeder from the respective folder.

But get compilng errors from SnapshotFactory.h.

What are the requirements/dependencies for the files under legalnotices?

That is my urgent question.

Kind regards

Jochen Seliger

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 16, 2017 Jan 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dirk,

I hoped to find the right include pathes, to be used, at a sample projekt.

But most of the checked samples the were no additional includ pathes not at the projects properties nore at the class properties, although the classe do include lots of headers.

Only in one case I found ..\..\..\extrenal\asl , ..\..\..\extrenal\asm\incluse and on other ..\..\..\extrenal\-path

That indicates, that into the samples are involved some, not visible, files, holding definistions (e.g id_sdk_dir) and pathes.

Could you please know, where these file may be   found?

Regards

Jochen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 18, 2017 Jan 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dirk,

I'm still not fine with the CS5.5 simple DollyXS-Project.

When trying to build that project with ActionComponent, DialogController, DialogObserver and ScriptProvider it is failing.

From the created fr-File the identfyer for the Widget-implementations were not found.

I've comented out the respective lines from my fr-file.

The ScriptProvider is including IScriptEventData.h (that header is availablbel at CS5.5 only via legalnotices.

When adding the respective include directory, IScriptEventData.h is missing the IID_ISCRIPTEVENTDATA identifyer and some other identifyers.

It seems to me that here some top classes and headers are missing.

The ScriptProvider I probably will not require. So I've exclude that class from my project.

But the ActionCompoment I will require.

That class, as created by DollyXS is missing the gSession object.

That object instance is created by PlugIn.cpp (only available at leganotices).

When including that file into the ActionComponent, the gSession will be found, but PlugIn.cpp is including SnapshotFactory.h (onlly available at legalnotices).

When adding the respective include directory to the ActionComponent, the compilation of that class will throw errors from SnapShotFactory concerning missed identifyers e.g 'SnapshotConstructor'.

I can't find a file at my system, containing 'SnapshotConstructor'.

That again is indicating that some top classes and headers are missing.

As I've recigniced, that at laest some of the SDK-samples do not have any additional include directories, but do include the respective headers.

That again is indication that there some include directory informations are sipped to the samples projects, but obviousely not to the customer projects.

I urgently require help to cope with that situation.

Regards

Jochen Seliger

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 20, 2017 Jan 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Dirk,

I've cleared all the header includes to my CS5.5 project, but now I get a failure fom the Mircrosoft code.

The error message is: C:\Programe\Microsoft Visual Sutio 9.0\VC\include\crtdefs.h(560) : error R32762: # Error looking for ressource specifucatin. Need 'resourde' or 'type'.

The lines 659 ff.at crtdefs.h  are:

#if !defined (__midl)

_CRT_DEPRECATE_TEXT("This name was supported during some Whidbey pre-releases. Instaed, use the standard name error_t." typedef int errcode.

#else

typedef int errcode; [geyed]

#endif

The _CRT_DEPRECATE_TEXT is created under certain conditions at line 331 ff. with

#if _MS_VULL_VER >= 140050320

#define _CRT_DEPRECATE_TEXT(_Text) __declspec(deprecated (_Text))

#else

#define _CRT_DEPRECATE_TEXT(_Text) __declspec(deprecated)  [greyed]

#endif

How may I overcome that failure?

Kind regards

Jochen Seliger

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines