• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Question about image frames and cropping

New Here ,
Jan 12, 2021 Jan 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I import and place .ai artwork into indesign, it will place the image according to the .ai file's art board. Once in indesign, I can resize the frame smaller to crop the image. Is there a setting to make possible to expand the frame larger to reveal artwork that is outside of the .ai's artboard? 

For example if I have an artboard that is 4x4in with some artwork outside that area in illustrator, can I place it in illustrator as 4x4 and then expand the frame to 4.25 x 4.25in to reveal more of the artwork for bleeds?

TOPICS
Feature request

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 12, 2021 Jan 12, 2021

More info...

Use the Crop To either Crop or Bleed depending on your needs. The settings are "sticky" and will should stay that way until you change them. Note that this setting will affect your PDFs too.

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When placing the file, choose show options.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! does that only work when placing images via the file menu? Can you change the default import settings or bring the menu pop up when importing images by dragging them into indesign?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

More info...

Use the Crop To either Crop or Bleed depending on your needs. The settings are "sticky" and will should stay that way until you change them. Note that this setting will affect your PDFs too.

image.png

David Creamer: Community Expert (ACI and ACE 1995-2023)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You cannot change the cropping options for an already placed file. You would hve to place it again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Or...you could try to update the link. I think that might give you the options again, but I haven't tried that in a while so I don't remember.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines