• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Basic Text Frame" object style outputting to ePub with stroke around frame

Contributor ,
Dec 18, 2019 Dec 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the "Basic Text Frame" object style applied to my text frames in an ID document. When I export to ePub the frames are showing with a black stroke around them even though there is no stroke applied in the object style.

I just wondered if anyone else is experiencing this or whether it is a known bug? I'm using the latest version of ID on a mac.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

TOPICS
EPUB

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reflowable or FXL ePub?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, it's reflowable. When I looked in the settings for the object style I saw that under the "Export Tagging" option, the tag was set to "section" (see screenshot below). After exporting to ePub and viewing the css I can see that Indesign is creating the following CSS styles:

figure.Above-line-centered {
	border-style:solid;
}
section.Basic-Text-Frame {
	border-style: solid;
}
section.figcaption {
	border-style:solid;
}

It's adding a border around all sections, figures and figure captions. 

This must be a bug because when I remove the tag from the object style options dialogue, the output does not contain the border.

As this must be a bug, is there a workaround or is a fix expected some time soon?

Would be grateful for any advice.

Screen Shot 2019-12-19 at 4.08.46 pm.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 18, 2022 Mar 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is still a bug in InDesign 17.1 and happens in both refowable and fixed layout ePub.

You can resolve with your own CSS added at export time to include:

section, figure {
  border-style: none !important;
}

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 18, 2022 Mar 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

CSS is the absolute way to fix this, as noted.

But a better fix is to never use the default text/graphic frames for any publication, whether it's print or EPUB. There are too many assumptions built into how they're applied and processed. Reset both to default state and then create at least one new style for application to your document's frames. Tweak each one as needed.

╟ Word & InDesign to Kindle & EPUB: a Guide to Pro Results (Amazon) ╢

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines