• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Radio buttons - wrong size and appearance in exported Interactive PDF

Explorer ,
May 19, 2021 May 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using the existing button library, I have added some interactive radio buttons to a form I am designing. The intent is to export to an Interactive PDF. In InDesign, the button size/appearance seems fine, but in the exported PDF, they look way too large and strange. What sort of thing might be causing this?

Here's a comparison of what I see in ID, vs. what's in the PDF:
Screenshot 2021-05-19 094102.png

Screenshot 2021-05-19 094030.png

TOPICS
Bug , EPUB , How to , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 24, 2021 May 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think you can resize the radio buttons that way - you'd have to make that change in Acrobat afterwards. I'm not 100% sure on this one - but it seems like radio buttons have to be a certain size in Acrobat. I could be wrong, it's a long time since I used them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,
May 24, 2021 May 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Couple of questions. I may be missing something here, but what is the small gray circle to the lower right side of your radio buttons in InDesign?  There should be a circle inside the radio buttons, I think (Assuming Show Frame Edges in on). Also, it appears you are using a table? If so, are the buttons anchored in each cell or just sitting on top? I am unable to reproduce this problem. Can you post a snippet from the ID file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 25, 2022 Jan 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the exact same issue. It's driving me mad I spent hours creating a form with tons of radio buttons and I just cannot find the issue.

If the author has any clue how to fix I'd appreciate an update to this

Amanda22827165j30h_0-1643123616837.png

when I select them the bounding box indicates that they are enlarged

Amanda22827165j30h_1-1643123662164.png

then in the export it looks like this 😞

Amanda22827165j30h_2-1643123704137.png

Half a days work lost I assume. Will have to re-do the form and redo 200 radio buttons.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fix them in Acrobat. Change one select them all and choose match size in the forms tools panel. Then you can use the align and distribute functions. Shouldn't take long.

before.png

after.png

after2.png

panel.png

    

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Amanada said: "…when I select them the bounding box indicates that they are enlarged"

Not necessarily.

Check all other states of the object.

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines