• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RE: Missing buttons when publishing to Interactive PDF - possible bug?

Explorer ,
Jun 11, 2012 Jun 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

Still having the following problem posted last month - has anyone else encountered this:

I'm trying to create a 12 page interactive PDF with a set of 12 buttons (set in the master page) at the bottom of page that relates to each page. When clicked the button should you directly to that page.

I have used this method many times before in CS5 using Go to destination in Buttons and setting each page as a destination. It normally works great.

However, in CS6, once I export to interactive PDF and open in Acrobat Pro the buttons all seem to disappear once you click on the 3rd or 4th page button.

I have stripped the indesign doc back to include no other content - just the buttons, with no rollover effects etc but I am still having the same problem

Please can anyone help? I can supply the relevant indesign doc and exported PDF if it helps.

UPDATE: One forum member suggested trying to open it in Acrobat Reader instead and it worked fine. This is OK to a point but I really need it opening in Acrobat Pro.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 13, 2012 Jun 13, 2012

This is a known issue and should be fixed in upcoming dot releases.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Mar 02, 2014 Mar 02, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Found this fourm on google and was happy to see Adobe taking some actual initiative to help us instead of just charging redicuous amounts of money for cloud based software that was supposed to be benificial because they could fix problems like this, getting the updates to users quickly and easily. Well apparently it's not worth the money because this forum was created 2 years ago and the problem still exsists. Please stop updating my photoshop filters so people can edit their selfies better and fix the tools designers actually need. In conclusion, mainly just because I now need to find some way to work around this problem, from 2012, you have very unfortunatly yet to fix. I'm not really sure what is going on Adobe but uh if you could get this bug fixed and shipped out to us as soon as possible that would be great.

lumberg.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 19, 2014 Mar 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree with keweis2. I have an 18 page project I did and I set up the buttons correctly on the master page. When I export to an interactive pdf the buttons are only showing up on the first two pages. When I hover over the areas where they should be on the other pages the cursor changes to the hand button but nothing happens when I try to click on the area. They are showing up when I open the page thumbnail panel in reader but not on the actual page. This is very frustrating as I am being graded on this assignment. This is ridiculous that it's been around for two years and has not been fixed.

https://31.media.tumblr.com/9836d2631c4dd9088e69ad9bab5616a8/tumblr_inline_n14fvlEqqz1r036lz.gifhttp://31.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m1xijcbSUC1rsm220o1_500.gif

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m733k7GOaz1rziwwco1_500.gif

http://media2.onsugar.com/files/2014/02/25/246/n/1922283/b792a25559c1de90_tumblr_md1i2gIFUx1qf2m9lo4_500.gif.xxxlarge/i/When-Elijah-Saves-Rebekah-Stabs-Klaus.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 07, 2017 Apr 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

almost midway through 2017 and this simple question is still hanging. I learned myself actionscript and could prolly make this work in 2 hours coding it.

I can't feel my face

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 21, 2017 Aug 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still an issue. CC 2015

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 22, 2020 Sep 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey not sure if this is still relevant for anyone but I have a 40 page InDesign doc with exatcly this issue: from page 3 the buttons on the exported PDF seem to stop working randomly. After getting more and more frustrated, trying everything suggested here without success, I discovered a workaround that may work for others as well: I have all my interactive buttons (Next Page, Index Page etc) on my masterpage - I simply duplicated my masterpage, and applied that new but identical Masterpage B to pages 3 to 40, and it worked...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a very old thread – your repsonse is not clear, you state you're frustrated but then state you've "discovered a workaround".

If you have a question please start a new thread and state your version of InDesign and OS and explain the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apologies - I am aware that the thread is very old but as I am currently experiencing this very issue it is extremely relevant to me, and I was merely excited to share the solution I found (in a way that I felt was quite clear - my workaround was to duplicate the masterpage), since it may help someone in my same situation. 

That's it - no new question; just something else for people to try. If my adding to such an elderly thread is problematic, perhaps the thread should have been locked to prevent this happening?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 23, 2022 Jun 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I just came across this issue in 2022 with the latest InDesign.
The issue was fixed by restarting InDesign and REexporting the PDF.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines