• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Save as changed since last update

New Here ,
Nov 02, 2020 Nov 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since the 2021 update for InDesign, when I open a file and then choose to 'save as' in order to save a newer version of it, instead of it going back to the location I opened that file it reverts back to the location of the last file I was working on. I never had this problem before this update, and let me tell you this is a huge inconvenience and time killer. 

Before when I would open 'samplefile.indd', I could make a change, click on 'save as', in order to save it as samplefile_V2.indd to keep both versions, and it would automatically go to the location I opened the file from and I could just click save. I never had to worry or pay attention to the location because it would always bring up the location I opened the file from originally. Now, it goes to the location of the last file I was working on, even if it's from the day before, and because that's never been the norm, I'm accidentally saving files in different file locations and not in the file I opened them up from. From there I have to back track and try and figure out where my file got saved to and move it to the file it's supposed to be in. Please someone fix this and send an update. Thank you!

TOPICS
Bug , Performance , Sync and storage

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 02, 2020 Nov 02, 2020

Adobe staff has already acknowledged this issue and it is being worked upon as per the latest update. For further updates, visit here

Also, while you are at the link mentioned above, please do upvote it. The larger the vote count, the higher are the chances of Adobe Engineering staff putting this higher on the priority list.

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Yes, this is proving bit of a nightmare, now I'm aware of it myself I'm now having to pick through scattered files and figure out what version is what, horrendous. Please sort Adobe as soon as possible please, thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Adobe staff has already acknowledged this issue and it is being worked upon as per the latest update. For further updates, visit here

Also, while you are at the link mentioned above, please do upvote it. The larger the vote count, the higher are the chances of Adobe Engineering staff putting this higher on the priority list.

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines