• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

screen flashing black when moving objects

New Here ,
Oct 31, 2015 Oct 31, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just bought new mac, when using InDesign the screen keeps flashing black when I move objects.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , May 22, 2016 May 22, 2016

Apple tested my MacBook pro and they found that the problem came from Adobe software. The problem happens because of one of my GPU. I have an Intel Iris Pro and a NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M. The problem happens only when my computer use the smaller one (Intel Iris Pro). I turned off the "automatic graphics switching" in the Energy Saver panel and the problem didn't happen again.

yosemite-system-prefs-energy-saver-automatic-graphics-switching-disable.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of InDesign? What version of OS X?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Newest version of InDesign OS is 10.11 (i have an iMac with new 4K display)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unticked "Automatically hide and show menu bar" in El Capitan System Preferences under the General Tab.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 02, 2015 Nov 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope that's already unchecked for me... This is only happening in InDesign when I move objects, so i tried unplugging my second monitor and it stopped, as soon as I plugged it back in it started again... Is this something I can fix in a display setting?

I also noticed my tools are not working properly when I move them over to my second monitor...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 05, 2015 Nov 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My coworker and I are having this problem as well. We just purchased iMacs last week, and it seems to only happen when a secondary display is set up?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 09, 2015 Dec 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too am having this problem just purchased a Retina iMac last week when in indesign with a second monitor any movement in indesign causes my screen to go black. As above the problem does not happen when I disconnect the second monitor. Come on Adobe can you sort a fix out for this it is driving me crazy!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Version of InDesign? Operating system version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Indesign CC 2015.2 release Mac Retina iMac Late 2015 OSX 10.11.2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Start by restoring your InDesign preferences:

Trash, Replace, Reset, or Restore the application Preferences

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This morning I did a complete re-install of indesign and deleted all my preferences and then installed again and it still has the same fault

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No problems in other applications?

It's beginning to sound like a bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No problems in other Adobe software or any other software just isolated to indesign.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 27, 2015 Dec 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here any luck with a fix?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 28, 2015 Dec 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi unfortunately much to my disappointment this has still not been fixed! If you find a fix please share this has been so annoying for me as most of my working time is on indesign.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 01, 2016 Jan 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just bought a 21.5" 3.1ghz 4k iMac. Freshly installed every from scratch... InDesign flashes black constantly when moving objects, not every time but probably every third time I move something.

Any solutions yet??? Very frustrated!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 02, 2016 Jan 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No fix yet please let me know if you find one!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you checked for updated video drivers?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As reported in post #4, it may be a bug related to a second monitor. It would be helpful if those who posted can provide more information about their system configuration to confirm that it may be a new bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OS X 10.11.2

iMac Retina 4K, 21,5'', late 2015

Adobe InDesign CC

Version 2015.2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this only happening when you plug in a second monitor?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes, only with the second monitor. but if the indesign screen is on the second monitor it's not flashing black. it's only happening on the iMac retina monitor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I said above, I suspect that it's a El Capitan and InDesign CC bug that hasn't yet been fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 04, 2016 Jan 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

More info on my system if it helps at all with the bug.

iMac (Retina 4k, 21.5-inch, Late 2015)

Running OS X El Capitan 10.11.1

Processor 3.1GHz Intel Core i5

8 GB Ram

Second monitor: Dell U2412m VGA with Mini Display adapter (I have a Display Port – Mini Display cable arriving soon to test)

I've tried both InDesign CC 2014 & CC 2015, when I move objects with a mouse in InDesign the iMac monitor flashes black every 2nd or 3rd time when I release the mouse button. Tonight I unplugged the monitor and am working in CC 2014 and it is much better though still flashes every now and then, probably every few minutes again after moving an object.

I haven't tried InDesign on the second monitor at this stage.

Cheers

G

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 04, 2016 Jan 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd suggest filing a bug report here so Adobe engineers are aware of the problem:

Feature Requests/Bug Reports

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines